Lance's pool fig

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Why do these figs drink so much beer ?
Everytime I see one, it's with larger.
How about a sophisticated fig that sips brandy in the afternoon ?
Or enjoys a good white tea ?:p:D:rolleyes:

Always enjoy Lance's yard.
Good Day, Hic
Anthony [ curled up with a scented 90 deg.C white tea ]

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think it's better to ask why, as opposed to why not. Doesn't grow all that great indoors, and any growth is usually lanky. Not to mention really tender and inviting to bugs...not to mention the lure of a fresh cut branch and all that oozing fig-juice!! Cheap T-5's and forced hot air that doesn't come on until Thanksgiving don't help. Better to leave it alone, do it's own thing and re-visit in seven months.:(:(:(

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Better to leave it alone, do it's own thing and re-visit in seven months.

Crystal reserves an entire day during the 4th of July weekend here to do any and all heavy work on hers' - Been working good for her many years. Also, if they don't defoliate by themselves after coming inside she defoliates them. They come back in a couple of weeks, sometimes 3 or 4 but it greatly reduces new leggy Winter growth.

Yours looks good - and healthy too! :)

Grimmy

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I think it's better to ask why, as opposed to why not. Doesn't grow all that great indoors, and any growth is usually lanky. Not to mention really tender and inviting to bugs...not to mention the lure of a fresh cut branch and all that oozing fig-juice!! Cheap T-5's and forced hot air that doesn't come on until Thanksgiving don't help. Better to leave it alone, do it's own thing and re-visit in seven months.:(:(:(

I c - I have high powered LED's and the grow just as well indoors. Good call

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yep, really need to upgrade the lights!!!!!!:mad::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your both experienced growers, and really, I don't doubt the approach. All the figs went into the "Pro-Mix" you know, not because your a pro because you use it, but you might be a "professional full time water-er" once you do!!! 3-4 times a day all summer!!!!o_O:(:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think the trees will appreciate a much looser mix and the better air-exchange provided. I hope......:oops:

For the record, I'll probably have to cut some off of my little willow fig clump. A little dense, looks like a scale/web-insect condo block. Waiting for new tenants, can't have that!!!

Sprish, sprish, sprish.....mmmmm, insecticidal soap smell, the hole stinkin' hill....

capt killgore.gif

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 163045

Next summer I'll cut back the left side.

Dead, if you can believe it!!! Suspect it got too dry with the in-organic mix. Threw a couple leaves in spring then went to sleep.

Need to figure how to "shorten" this "stone" to fit a shallower container.....project!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice red new growth.....

DSC02471.JPG

DSC02473.JPG
DSC02472.JPG
DSC02474.JPG

Top Bottom