Lance's two trunk Raintree

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Too much thick rootage at this point on the bottom to fit into the square pot. I'll have to reduce it overtime. So oval bucket it is!:(
My three year old was having a tantrum cuz' Mommy went for margaritas, so I messed up my "feet" placement and it got tilted to the left more than I wanted.:(:mad:
All in all, I give myself a D grade on this repot. But I did get WeeMac to take a nap!!!:p:D

Yeah, the Guinness....I put on weight in the summer...I don't drink much during the winter so I come into "bikini season" nice and trim.....and then it's all down hill once I get my flip-flops on!!!
DSC01276.JPG

I'll still be cutting that smaller trunk by half.....if it makes it! Little too much lean....:rolleyes:
Thanks for the comments!!:cool:

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm on the same vessel with you. The round pot, due to it's size and shape. If the canopy is rounded the round one will go better with it.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
K chided me over on IBC , asking if I had seen one "au natural". Only via the internet! But I like the idea of a broad canopy, even if the base is a little weak as of now.
Plenty of stuff to remove to lighten the image and give it shape. Need as much growth as I can get to build the trunk, and try to keep viable budding active deeper in.
While trying to keep it alive in a window for 8-9 months!:D:D
Did I mention for that time it's in my living room?:confused::mad::mad::mad::mad: I'm the only one in the house that doesn't mind fert-time!!:p

June, 15
DSC00433.JPG

Post-sawzall....
DSC00434.JPG

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
mmmmm.......MacTummy!:eek::eek::confused:
DSC01294.JPG
Cut me some slack, I was bent oddly....looks more tan in person?:p:p:p Cut off a 1/4 of the tree, just to get more belly?:rolleyes:
I don't dare try again....:confused:

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lance,

I am going to ask K about sending you, our local ironwood, as seeds.
Think you will like the trunk and it's easy to fatten trunk.
Here is an image.
You may have to wait until next year though, seed time is over - still you never know ?

By the way, from your toes, looks like you are a slipper man.

As backs go, be kind to your spine, as you age.
Good Day
Anthony

It's a little more delicate, Leaves are rounded and look as though they are floating.
[ Apologies old shot, the photographer - I - need to make some time to do some new images.]

11 ironwo10.jpg

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
I got hammered by having a tree with a mound of soil above the pot line, but I think it looks great. The tree looks fantastic and healthy.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey, what can you do? Hey, wait a minute....I (and you) can do what you want! Right? I did want to see if I could fit it in there and see if it could still grow and any resultant differing growth habit.
Thanks for the positive comments!!!:cool::cool::cool:

I've got a couple battleship sized pots.....Next summer I'll stick it in one of those...
DSC00098.JPG
If I remember.....23-24 inches? Its looong....:eek:

Oh yea....I'm a "mounder"!!!!:confused:

Don't forget, this ain't no New Hampshire Raintree, know what I mean? It's cold up here!!!:p
I'm not really critical of other people's work....this is a labor of love, if it's alive, and you like it, sir, I dig your tree just as much as my own!!;)
If people learned to groove on other people's vibe as much as they worship themselves....a little more empathy wouldn't hurt...

And no, mounding the soil ain't cool.....amateurish......a title I can wear without a second of self doubt.
Keep watering Captain @Lobaeux !!!!!!:D:D:D

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
Hey, what can you do? Hey, wait a minute....I (and you) can do what you want! Right? I did want to see if I could fit it in there and see if it could still grow and any resultant differing growth habit.
Thanks for the positive comments!!!:cool::cool::cool:

I've got a couple battleship sized pots.....Next summer I'll stick it in one of those...
View attachment 114472
If I remember.....23-24 inches? Its looong....:eek:

Oh yea....I'm a "mounder"!!!!:confused:

Don't forget, this ain't no New Hampshire Raintree, know what I mean? It's cold up here!!!:p
I'm not really critical of other people's work....this is a labor of love, if it's alive, and you like it, sir, I dig your tree just as much as my own!!;)
If people learned to groove on other people's vibe as much as they worship themselves....a little more empathy wouldn't hurt...

And no, mounding the soil ain't cool.....amateurish......a title I can wear without a second of self doubt.
Keep watering Captain @Lobaeux !!!!!!:D:D:D

Exactly! Amen brother!

I think I'm gonna really like that pot, can't wait to see your tree in it!

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
I like the little companion plant, is that a mini Jade? I'm looking for something that'll work with the BRT.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the little companion plant, is that a mini Jade? I'm looking for something that'll work with the BRT.

Companion plant! Just happened to be room there! One of those Portulacaria Afra bushes. Spekboom! Variegated. Every rook' should have one!:D:rolleyes:

One of those, "I went to Bonsai West and didn't want to come home empty handed" deals......;) Fun little trees!:)

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
I've got a Portulacaria Afra, in fact he was my first little plant. I'm planning on cutting one of his limbs off to jam it into another pot.

My club is big on companion plants. And companion plants that are proper, i.e. proper region, they complement the plant. I actually like that. I know it's a different thread, but I've been contemplating what to use for my BRT and my Fukien Tea.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
cannonball.gif

Update....:eek::p:p:p:p:p:p:D
DSC01336.JPG DSC01337.JPG and the other after a little trim. Some secondary stuff I can remove or cut back to open it up some. DSC01338.JPG :confused::confused:

Top Bottom