Lance's two trunk Raintree

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
!!!!Your too kind, @Anthony !!!!

Still a long way to go. Need some girth on the trunk, so pruning will be kept to a minimum. Though I will probably to back all those long extensions in the coming day's.
Not dropped a lot of leaves as it usually does, deep green seen here was all grown indoors. Might toss in a defoliation during upcoming cut back.....:eek::cool::cool:;)
Thanks for commenting!!!! Be well!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Cool looking flowers.
Do they put out flowers before,during or after elongating?

I believe it's elongating....FOR ...the flower!

Mike...
At one point....
I would send my wife her horoscope via a "text to friend" button that would convert it to a quote like....
([Horoscope Daily] For July, 18 ) blah real official...
But I could edit the text on my phone....

So....because I love her....
One day....

I edited the Horoscope text with shit I wanted to tell her..
And she believed it!

I told her later, of course..
That it was just so she realized that if ANY ONE else told her the shit I was telling her...
She would believe it because it's not me saying it!
(She got trust issues and what not)

Anyway....I'm gonna start doing that shit to you and Lance....
So you'se have a Mirai!

Ya sons a bitches ya!

Sorce

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've underpotted this one for years so it never really peels.
Bit over potted now and no pruning. Until yesterday/today, next few days. 4-6 weeks might need to go indoors.....:(
Pretty vigorous, but it's never been as strong as some of the others here.....that'll change next year.:cool:
Appreciate the comment!!!!:cool::D:D:D:D

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Will you prune it before it has to come inside, or let it go, since it will slow down while inside? I like the "wild" look. I never get tired of seeing that tree!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've started cutting it back, I'll finish in the next few days. Trying to time it at 4-6 weeks for new growth to emerge and by then it will be about time to bring it in early October if it stays nice out. Don't believe the claims of these being able to handle exposure to temps in the thirties....low 50's is as low as you want to go.

But don't take my word for it.....let yours see temps in the 50's and watch how long it takes before it stops sulking and opens it's leaves.....:eek::eek::oops::oops::oops::oops:

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don't forget, up north I'm talking HIGH temps in the lower 50's. Usually around here that means nights in the 40's or :mad: a tad lower.
If it takes until noon before the leaves open, it could be time to take it in.:(;):D:D:D:D:D

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will you prune it before it has to come inside, or let it go, since it will slow down while inside? I like the "wild" look. I never get tired of seeing that tree!

If anything, it has to get pruned to get it thru the door!!!!It's close to two feet too wide!!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
DSC02241.JPG

DSC02244.JPG

Did this one last year around the same time, and it made it.
DSC02243.JPG

Detritus....
DSC02242.JPG

We'll see if the take. You can see some are still "reflexive" Not really the best time for cuttings or lots of pruning like this. But I gotta' get it in the door. Finish today, I guess.;):eek::D:D:D:rolleyes:

Top Bottom