Landscape Design Book Recommendation

remist17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Can anyone point me into a good direction for a landscape design book for terraces? I am looking to terrace the hillside I live on and would like some photos of gardens done this way.

I know this is not Bonsai related, but hoping for some help.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
That will depend on what "style" or "feeling" you want in the area. For example Cadillactaste has a very nice landscape suitable for a wide variety of plants where someone like myself looks to have a Japanese inspired place AND in addition a Wabi Sabi approach. They are both nice to the eye but you have to decide as you are the person that sees it and takes care of it. Any garden design needs to be done with the owner and anyone else involved in the project for success - Just my opinion, but at the old place I had 3 show gardens and was inspired by Japanese tradition and the work of Ben Oki here in the USA. I need a personal space that says nothing but "sit, enjoy, relax" nothing more nothing less.

Grimmy

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
...while I want undulating and surprise at ever corner and turn. :)

Properly, that cannot be avoided. Under and backlighting even enhances things further by extending your viewing experience throughout the night. Having done three proper at the old place I am very much looking forward to tearing this new tiny space out and making it something unique to these parts once again;)

Grimmy

remist17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Thanks all, Just looking for hill gardens. Nothing inspired. Looking for ideas more like a photo book or wish list I guess.

Thanks for the link.

Top Bottom