Landscape of leftovers

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
We all have our collections of ugly plants -- leftover cuttings, seedlings that grew funny, etc. I usually just toss them out into the yard and let the lawnmower take care of them next go around.

But I have something of a soft spot for crape myrtles, even the hideous ones. Here are 7 trees (9 trunks), three stones, and a little stream.

Who knows, some day it might even amount to something.

Attachments

• 5-16 leftover a.JPG
    5-16 leftover a.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 153

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Too funny Jim....I just put together a rock planting I called 3 Dogs....a dog of a boxwood, crape myrtle, and stone....

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I think it looks pretty sweet Jim! So glad you didn't feed them to the lawn mower. Thanks for sharing...I really need to think of a small forest/penjing grouping. They intrigue me...once July settles down...I might find time for something like that. I'm also going to search for a good raft project.

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I like it a lot! I've developed quite the soft spot for crape myrtles lately too. A local nursery stocks pokomoke and I have to admit that I've taken quite a few off their hands lately.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love your tinyscapes!

Hows the desert?

Sorce

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I love your tinyscapes!

Hows the desert?

Sorce

Thanks. They're fun to do but it takes a bit of thought to make them look "real."

The desert is a bit overgrown at the moment, but it is alive and kicking.

Top Bottom