Lanes bonsai arc !! Flooding in Arkansas

Bonsailane

Mame
Reaction score
IMG_1409.jpg IMG_1404.JPG IMG_1399.JPG IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1408.PNG IMG_1412.PNG So I have been up all night fighting the floodwaters from taking my little buddies away .
I didn't think The water would even come up that far !
So this is my second time moving them back .
I guess the good thing about this is
I know I have a hole in my waiters before duck season !
That would've been a cold way to find out !
Keep it green my friends!

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Oh! What a disaster there! :( And this is the second time, you said?
You have my sympathy my friend!
I hope you have saved and moved back all of your buddies.

Bonsailane

Mame
Reaction score
Oh! What a disaster there! :( And this is the second time, you said?
You have my sympathy my friend!
I hope you have saved and moved back all of your buddies.
Hopefully it won't be a third .
I move them back a good ways this time .
And of course my wife asked me why I was freaking out . ( wife: there just plants )
Me: yeah but they're always happy to see me unlike some people .

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
... ... And of course my wife asked me why I was freaking out . ( wife: there just plants )
Me: yeah but they're always happy to see me unlike some people .
My 6 years old grand-daughter is here besides me while I type. She heard me saying : "Oooh my God! Look at those waters! That unfortunate young man is trying to save his trees" and said : "Why are you acting like this? What is it that bad which happened to the trees?"

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wow. Actually the pic of the not quite submerged bench with trees on it is quite attractive (although not to you I'm sure) Would make a nice display idea... if it were not so hazardous. Glad you got to them in time. Good luck with the cleanup.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow. Actually the pic of the not quite submerged bench with trees on it is quite attractive (although not to you I'm sure) Would make a nice display idea... if it were not so hazardous. Glad you got to them in time. Good luck with the cleanup.
Especially for bald cypress! Kind of like the display John G did a year or two ago at the Carolina bonsai expo (I think).

Hope your trees are OK and the flooding quickly subsides. I've dealt with flooding of my bonsai area, though on a much smaller scale. One year I had a bunch of trees sitting on wooden pallets on the ground (the benches weren't up yet) and some very heavy rain filled the area with up to nearly a foot of water. A bunch of trees were submerged (the pots, not the whole trees) and sat in water for probably 12 hours while I was at a bonsai symposium. Fortunately they all survived with no obvious aftereffects.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Amen on the waders!

Stay up bro!

Sorce

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That's crazy, I didn't see this posted originally. So lucky that shelving didn't turn over. But seeing your collection in one place is pretty cool. I like the general asthetic you follow.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I had crazy flooding a few months back and it was so bad it moved and totalled my car

Top Bottom