Larch #9

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This was the product of a workshop w/ David Easterbrook over the weekend at Nature's Way nursery in Harrisburg, PA. There were 11 participants, all working on exceptional collected material. The trees were collected in the far northeast of Canada.

Dave

Attachments

• larch_9_A_.jpg
    larch_9_A_.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 140
  • larch_9_b_.jpg
    larch_9_b_.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 138

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
If you could put this tree up on a stand or table against a neutral background to shoot your picture all of us would have a better idea of what you have and what you have done. Unfortunately there is no camera out there that can take a picture and filter it through the digital semblance of the human brain before downloading it to some other medium. We therefore are forced to take pictures that are not full of clutter and have backgrounds that do not take away from the image of interest.

I hope you do not think I am trying to jump on you, I am not, but I think this might be a fine tree worth more than a casual appreciation and appraisal. I have found also too in my years of butchering trees, it is in your best interests to have an account of your own property and evidence of your labors.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
very nice i love the fall color cant wait till mine change color

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you could put this tree up on a stand or table against a neutral background to shoot your picture all of us would have a better idea of what you have and what you have done. Unfortunately there is no camera out there that can take a picture and filter it through the digital semblance of the human brain before downloading it to some other medium. We therefore are forced to take pictures that are not full of clutter and have backgrounds that do not take away from the image of interest.

I hope you do not think I am trying to jump on you, I am not, but I think this might be a fine tree worth more than a casual appreciation and appraisal. I have found also too in my years of butchering trees, it is in your best interests to have an account of your own property and evidence of your labors.

Vance,

No hard feelins' here.

Unfortunately, I've been dealing with some major back problems and am unable to move this tree by myself. I tried to enlist my girlfriend's help, but had no success. I will certainly post pictures with a less cluttered background as soon as I get some help. I almost had to forfeit my deposit for the workshop, as I wasn't sure my back could handle the 4 hour drive each way. I'm quite glad it didn't turn out that way.

Also, you're correct about picture records. I snapped these mostly to make sure I had a picture while it still had the needles. Even without great pics, I like to be able to look back in a few years and see the changes. It is amazing how easily it can be forgotten.

Dave

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ok, these should provide a better picture.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1350927190824.jpg
    PicsArt_1350927190824.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 80
  • PicsArt_1350927286049.jpg
    PicsArt_1350927286049.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 88

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Ok, these should provide a better picture.

Decent pictures of a more than decent tree. I love Larch and this one has great potential. Sorry about the back. Nothing can lay you out longer or quicker than back pain. I assume you have had it looked at. If not you should consider seeing a doctor to try and get some idea about what's going on.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
doesn't make me any less green... :eek:
I'm just greedy for larch, and I like the interesting movement this one has.

mc4mc44

Mame
Reaction score
I was at Natures Way for the sale on Saturday, and saw a couple of the larch people left overnight. I would be proud to have any of them in my backyard. I regretted not signing up for the workshop when i saw them. This one looks especially interesting.

I feel like this is one of the trees that was there Saturday... I think I remember that kink in the trunk...:confused:

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was at Nature's Way on Saturday as well, and the collected larch for the workshop were fantastic. Dave's tree is particularly great, and the pictures don't do it justice.

I also got to meet Dave on Saturday which was nice. He got to hear me whine and moan about my larch envy too :rolleyes:

Top Bottom