Larch and Chinese Quince Wanted

USDA Zone
I'm on the look out for Larch and Chinese Quince, seedlings or larger. I don't have a large budget. I have located a few online. Before I make a decision where to get them I thought I would post here and see if any BonsaiNutters have something to spare. I did start larch seeds but nothing has come up yet. I wouldn't mind getting a jump on something that has already grown at least one season. Thanks!

USDA Zone
7a
I have a couple of rooted Chinese Quince cuttings taken from mature flowering wood. I just potted them up a couple of weeks ago, so would prefer to wait until fall to send. If you will send me a reminder around the first of October, I'll send 'em your way.

USDA Zone
7a
I got a couple quince last year from Kaede Bonsai that grew like weeds—highly recommend. As for larch, I got American larch last year from Holly Hills Nursery. I waited until they went on sale and got a pretty good deal. They have Japanese as well. If you get on their email list they send daily specials. They also grew well and have bud out. I just got more Japanese larch yesterday from Scenic Hills Farm in OR. Really good deal right now on eBay 10 plants for $39 with free shipping. Here are some photos:

Quince
5BAFAABC-9091-451E-BC46-9974522DFD63.jpeg

American larch
26C95764-3EF3-47A8-81BF-F4F181F059C6.jpeg

Japanese larch
830D51ED-7981-4644-9CFC-5566AF965A7E.jpeg

Last edited:
USDA Zone
Thank you all for the wonderful responses! I'll have a look at these various options when I get home. I will probably locate a Chinese Quince long before this autumn though one never knows! I have larch seeds down since last autumn that will in theory germinate this spring, or ... eventually. I wouldn't mind locating something a little larger. A Japanese larch is a maybe and I'll compare it with my native species. ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Other Conifers 4
P New to Bonsai 17
Z Other Conifers 6
Keith m Other Conifers 21
D New to Bonsai 7