Large Bulb Pans

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Hey all,

First off, does anyone know if bulb pans come in sizes larger than 12 inches across? I'm looking for a big bulb pan for my biggest Ficus, but the largest size I can find is 12 inches across, which trust me, isn't enough. I don't feel comfortable cramming it in. I could always just get a big plastic pot and cut it down, but it'd probably just be easier to buy one. So, does anyone know if they come in sizes larger than 12 inches, and if so, do you have any links to where they can be bought online? Thanks!

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Last edited:

jquast

Chumono
Reaction score
Even better, thanks Jeff! I sent a request for the 15.75"x15.75"x5 inch trays, not sure why they're called "support trays" though....:confused:

I believe they call them support trays because they were designed to hold two and four inch tree liners for starting seedlings.

Glad to hear that things went well for you and that you got good news!

Jeff

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I believe they call them support trays because they were designed to hold two and four inch tree liners for starting seedlings.

Glad to hear that things went well for you and that you got good news!

Jeff

Ah I see. Hopefully they're just fine for growing out material as well.

Thanks, I'm the happiest kid alive.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
NOVA bonsai club in Arlington still has some 15" Anderson flats for sale. They bought a bunch and you could probably get them for less than buying them from the original seller. You could probably google them, or go to the PBA site for contact info.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
NOVA bonsai club in Arlington still has some 15" Anderson flats for sale. They bought a bunch and you could probably get them for less than buying them from the original seller. You could probably google them, or go to the PBA site for contact info.

Thanks! I'll see what I can Google, as that other company hasn't contacted me back for a quote yet.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone

I think that's right. Let me see if I can find an old newsletter and give you the contact name.

The flats are relatively inexpensive, but shipping is a bit costly because they don't nest very well in each other. I've been using them for years and really like them.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
The Anderson flats arrived today, and they're pretty nice. I plan on repotting and root pruning my big ol' microcarpa and sticking it into one of these this week. Should make for a good time.
020.jpg
021.jpg
022.jpg
023.jpg

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I was interested in getting a couple of these, Ryan. Do they have much flex at all? I would have to move it indoors for the winter, since I am considering putting ficus in them.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I was interested in getting a couple of these, Ryan. Do they have much flex at all? I would have to move it indoors for the winter, since I am considering putting ficus in them.

I was surprised, they're pretty rigid. Well worth the cost.

Top Bottom