Large Cascade Sculpture

FoldedFrog

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yet another sculpture project I have been working on. I've been wanting to create a tall stone for a long cascade. I know it's hard to ascertain scale from a photo. This is a full three feet tall and HEAVY! It weighs around 200 pounds. There is a large opening in the top for pretty much any plant I would like. I have obtained a large juniper from a nursery that should make a good starter. Full disclosure - the third photo is photo-shopped. I added the tree to give an idea of the final vision.

IMG_3456.JPG
IMG_3453.JPG
IMG_3455.JPG

BE.REAL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Great rock form. ive been experimenting with making them. You want to always keep proportions in check, and also not to have foliage as apex.. You could get a bunch of juniper cuttings or saplings and plant them in the voids...Basically how most are made. It will be tough to make a realistic creations with this with one tree...in nature the branches wouldn't go in and out of the voids. they will always go to the sun. They would grow as you have pictured in the pot, IMO.... but great rock form, found, bought? I think I commented on another thread you were on as well.

FoldedFrog

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thank you for your kind words. I did sculp this rock from concrete. I got the inspiration for this from a rock planting at the Bonsai Museum in Australia (picture below). The idea for this one is just a tree perched atop a rock formation. It will take many years to get the proportions right.
30616E52-988B-4425-88C9-447AC03CCF06.jpeg

Top Bottom