Large Dawn Redwoods

JSKII

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Don't know where to post this so I thought it might be appropriate in here. I was told by Chris(bonsaikc) to get in contact with Graydon about large Dawn Redwoods. Chris said that Graydon knows where some are that are alot cheaper and better than the one I found on Ebay. So Graydon if ya out there please respond at your convenience. :)

Steven(Crowned_One in BT)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Steven, oops, sorry, I was under the impression that you were showing a photo of bald cypress. The appearance of both are similar, but I am not certain how each would respond to your climate, etc.

JSKII

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That's ok Chris. BC's and DW's do look alike unless viewed real close. Rusty(nclivingwaters) mistakened a 3 DW tree forest(which I purchased) for BC's when he came down for one of our meetings awhile back. I do have both here. I am even making payments on a huge collected BC that now resides here in upstate SC. They seem to handle the elements here well. Now since you mistook the tree for a BC I am assuming that Graydon wouldn't know or have any DW's? Just thought I'd ask before I pursue this any further. May have found some if they are close to here. I'm waiting on a reply back. Thanks guys.;)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Graydon would have to answer that one for you, you might PM him. We had just recently had a discussion of bald cypress in which he was disappointed in what folks claimed were good trees.

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Huh?

No large dawn redwoods down here. At least I have not seen any around the state. Plenty of fat cypress though.

Try Brent at Evergreen Gardenworks. I know he is trying to bring some larger material online for sale and I do know he has dabbled in dawn redwoods. The photo I attached is one of Brent's trees.

Attachments

• dawnfinal.1.jpg
    dawnfinal.1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 62

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nothing constructive to say but.. oooh purty!

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
I think there's a place in Port Arena , CA ( above SF ) that specializes in redwoods but I can't remember tha name.

JSKII

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks Graydon, I will get in touch with Brent. Seems to be kinda hard to find any large ones to work with. :D

Top Bottom