Large Japanese Maples for sale

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
To a certain degree, yes. Amur's need more dormancy than Florida can provide so they would really suffer. I keep my JM's under some trees in the heat of the summer and they still get a bit crispy but do okay. I'm going to use misters this year and see if that helps. The greens definitely do better than reds.
I even mist mine twice a day here in MO. You just want to mist enough the leaf tops get wet and not water the tree.

Reactions: Vin

jomawa

Shohin
Reaction score
We use pull saws to cut them from each side to keep them from splitting. As in whack with a machete or something? That's just drunk talk.
As I thought, "to keep from splitting". Sorry about my very general verbage "whack" which in my mind is akin to chop-ing back a tree, generally speaking of the process of unwanted branch removal, and is usually carefully done with branch cutters or saw.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As I thought, "to keep from splitting". Sorry about my very general verbage "whack" which in my mind is akin to chop-ing back a tree, generally speaking of the process of unwanted branch removal, and is usually carefully done with branch cutters or saw.
No biggy! It's all the same image.jpeg

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
middle of August my schedule free's up, and I will make a visit. My attempt to visit was thwarted by relatives, this time in August, I'll head to your nursery, and only after I'm done will I tell the relatives I'm in town:p

Stickroot is about 1.5 hour drive west of downtown St. Louis, so depending on what your idea of a ''day-trip'' is, the nursery isn't too hard to get to.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I remember Clinton from way back in my Mini Bike days.
Oh man!
Mini bikes are too much fun. The engine that is on a Clinton saw was actually used for a lot of different apps.
This is a boat motor with the same engine and a jet drive!
Makes my canoe into a ROCKET!image.jpeg

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is a good price. Now if I can find a drone someone on here talks about from time to time, this tree will be mine! Shipping is a B1@#*!
Sometimes you just got to buck up!
It is not often you can get your hands on material like this. If you went to a landscape center it would cost you double maybe triple and still need chopped and root pruned!
The heavy work is done on a tree selected from many to have good potential for bonsai. You don't want to see me keep it and have a tree you will regret not buying, do you? All over SHIPPING?!?
This is bonsai!
Should call it JEEP!
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket :)

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sometimes you just got to buck up!
It is not often you can get your hands on material like this. If you went to a landscape center it would cost you double maybe triple and still need chopped and root pruned!
The heavy work is done on a tree selected from many to have good potential for bonsai. You don't want to see me keep it and have a tree you will regret not buying, do you? All over SHIPPING?!?
This is bonsai!
Should call it JEEP!
Just
Empty
Every
Now here is a guy that can relate @watchndsky lets see that multi trunk? I miss it! Shipping was fat on that guy.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Just
Empty
Every
Lol I'm in a heated argument with my wallet as we speak.

Trying hard to be fiscally responsible. Made a commitment to myself I will not spend over 100 on an individual tree. But you got some of the best pre bonsai I've seen with great price. 175 is almost double my expense but the tree is totally worth it to me. That 75 shipping is pretty much the tipping point. Hell I would drive even 3 hrs if you where within distance!

BUT..... let me look under all my friend's couches. Maybe I can dig something up.

Or my wallet might forgive me if I have it on a diet again...

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
i will vouch for mr stickroot - they could have tossed the tree out the back of the truck while it was still moving when they delivered it and it would have been just fine. in everything ive bought, only don blackmond has come close to packaging at that level. it was very well protected.

i understand trying to stick to a budget, but realize your 100 dollars isnt going to get you much. at all. (at least not on this side of the country) not to mention the value of your time and trouble - which for me is worth the hefty shipping i pay sometimes.

i dont think you will get that value anywhere else. buy something!

in fact if i get some time to go back through this thread - there was a big hoss of a tree i was interested in - just havent had time to check.

stickroot - no closeup photo of it, but heres a shot from the porch (you can see it second row on the right)

ive been meaning to make a progression post of the new benches etc, just havent had time lately.

20160414_131657.jpg

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
i will vouch for mr stickroot - they could have tossed the tree out the back of the truck while it was still moving when they delivered it and it would have been just fine. in everything ive bought, only don blackmond has come close to packaging at that level. it was very well protected.

i understand trying to stick to a budget, but realize your 100 dollars isnt going to get you much. at all. (at least not on this side of the country) not to mention the value of your time and trouble - which for me is worth the hefty shipping i pay sometimes.

i dont think you will get that value anywhere else. buy something!

in fact if i get some time to go back through this thread - there was a big hoss of a tree i was interested in - just havent had time to check.

stickroot - no closeup photo of it, but heres a shot from the porch (you can see it second row on the right)

ive been meaning to make a progression post of the new benches etc, just havent had time lately.

View attachment 102485
Love it! Great stuff!
Thanks so much for the kind words!
Happy Bonsai!

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?
Can we get an update of all that you have left please? Really like the one in the last post. Is it still $175 plus shipping?

Top Bottom