Large larch FULL of ants...

Bricker918

Mame
Reaction score
@mattspinniken any updates? Just went out and watered one of my bigger redwoods had tons of ants came pouring out of the deadwood. Not sure if it’s got a hollow or they’re just in the soil. I’ve now seen them in 2 of my 5 redwoods, the first luckily needed a repot a few weeks ago and that seemed to do the trick.

I don’t think they’re big enough to be carpenter ants, our neighbors yard is disgusting, piles of soda cans and they have a nasty outdoor kitchen. I’m assuming that’s where they’re coming from.

Omw to get some terro right now, but was curious if anything worked for you.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
@mattspinniken any updates? Just went out and watered one of my bigger redwoods had tons of ants came pouring out of the deadwood. Not sure if it’s got a hollow or they’re just in the soil. I’ve now seen them in 2 of my 5 redwoods, the first luckily needed a repot a few weeks ago and that seemed to do the trick.

I don’t think they’re big enough to be carpenter ants, our neighbors yard is disgusting, piles of soda cans and they have a nasty outdoor kitchen. I’m assuming that’s where they’re coming from.

Omw to get some terro right now, but was curious if anything worked for you.
The tree is happy now and growing. I opened up a few holes in this tree and sprayed some insecticides in to the tree (while sealing the other holes). I believe that I have killed the ants and the tree seems happy. Its one of my favorite Larch so I am pretty happy about it!

Bricker918

Mame
Reaction score
The tree is happy now and growing. I opened up a few holes in this tree and sprayed some insecticides in to the tree (while sealing the other holes). I believe that I have killed the ants and the tree seems happy. Its one of my favorite Larch so I am pretty happy about it!
Glad to hear! I think I’ve sorted mine out as well.

Top Bottom