Large Murphy’s Stone

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well....some new for me to learn. I know Murphy's Law but haven’t heard of Murphy's Stone. It looks fabulous though....the first photo reminds me of waves of clashing water on a rocky shoreline. Mighty fine!

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
You say "natural Daiza"...what does "natural" mean to you?

Gsquared

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Great Murphy’s. You don’t see them that much outside NorCal. California Murphy’s and Eel River stones are true treasures.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I know very little to nothing about suiseki. I asked what kind of material the daiza was because I thought in might have been clay. I took a better look and see it is wood. Yes, great, and very unusual stone and the carving on the base must have taken hours and hours.

artofthedaiza

Shohin
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada Mountains 2 hours east of Sacramento
I know very little to nothing about suiseki. I asked what kind of material the daiza was because I thought in might have been clay. I took a better look and see it is wood. Yes, great, and very unusual stone and the carving on the base must have taken hours and hours.
These uncut bottom daiza are very hard to make fit well and balance the stone correctly, especially this large!

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
These uncut bottom daiza are very hard to make fit well and balance the stone correctly, especially this large!

What kind of wood is the daiza made of and aprox dimensions of the stone if you don't mind.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
My goodness, that is huge!! Do you pick it up or have a crane?

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Very nice...and how long did it take you to make the daiza that fits so well?

Top Bottom