Large one seed juniper progression

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I really like the bones on this.

I’m somewhat surprised that we don’t see more j. monosperma material being used for bonsai. I’ve spent a lot of time down on the prairie of SE Colorado where they are abundant. Unfortunately (for bonsai, anyway) that time was spent on a wildlife preserve, so no collecting for me.

I’ve seen Bjorn using them, but not really anybody else.

Anyway, really nice tree - looking forward to seeing its return to grace! 😎

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

I’m somewhat surprised that we don’t see more j. monosperma material being used for bonsai. I’ve spent a lot of time down on the prairie of SE Colorado where they are abundant. Unfortunately (for bonsai, anyway) that time was spent on a wildlife preserve, so no collecting for me.

Oh yeah, they are abundant throughout New Mexico. Something like 75% of the trees in NM, or some insane number like that. I’ve got several more on my radar for collecting come spring also. Thanks for the kind words!

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh yeah, they are abundant throughout New Mexico. Something like 75% of the trees in NM, or some insane number like that. I’ve got several more on my radar for collecting come spring also. Thanks for the kind words!

And really though, if you happen to be down this way come spring, message me. They are clear cut all over ABQ and SANTA FE, so readily available to collect.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here’s the one Ive chosen for this springs re pot. 16” yixing. Simple and cost effective for several years. The round will help me decide on its front long term. 277133277134277135

Top Bottom