Large specimen quality trident

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am looking for a large (6" trunk diameter and up) trident maple to develop into a show quality tree. The base and nebari ranks #1 in importance followed by taper. Scars will heal and branches can be developed. I've combed through most of the online retailers, emailed several nurseries, looked locally and can't find what I am looking for.

Short and fat takes the cake!

Thanks

Reaction score
I've looked at their website but haven't called. I didn't see anything on their site I could use. I'll call them and check.

Thanks

Reaction score
I have. I just bought a tree off of him recently and I am interested in one of his tridents. Terrific service and very helpful. I'd recommend him to anybody! It's not exactly what I am looking for though.[FOOTNOTE][/FOOTNOTE]

carobone

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Reaction score
I am not interested in anything like that. It's a very nice tree, but but what I am looking for. The tree is pretty much finished and it really isn't to my liking. The base isn't interesting and the tree is too tall for what I have in mind. Don Blackmond has a really interesting one but it's just not what I have in mind.

Reaction score
Did you try Telperion Farms ?

Dave I just called Teperion, sounds like he might have something I can work with. He will send me photos within the next few days, fingers crossed!

Thanks for reminding me about Teperion and getting me to call them!

chansen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Dave I just called Teperion, sounds like he might have something I can work with. He will send me photos within the next few days, fingers crossed!

Thanks for reminding me about Teperion and getting me to call them!

I was up there in March, and he's got a couple 'fire hydrants' up there. There's a really nice one he was root grafting when I was there... I was very tempted but went another route that trip.

terry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You might also try calling Steve Cratty at Plant City Bonsai in Clermont GA. When I was there in the spring he had some nice trees. Also had several from Warren Hills collection that were "pre-bonsai".

Terry

Reaction score
You might also try calling Steve Cratty at Plant City Bonsai in Clermont GA. When I was there in the spring he had some nice trees. Also had several from Warren Hills collection that were "pre-bonsai".

Terry

Terry,

I spoke with Steve a few weeks ago, I believe he only has one left. Unfortunately it is not what I am looking for. Too tall, odd base.

I understand I am coming off very very picky and judgmental, but this next tree needs to be PERFECT (in my eyes) which is why I am trying to reach out to as many people as possible and try to see as many as I can until I find "the one."

Top Bottom