Larix 12-11

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Oh no, not another Larix x eurolepis! :rolleyes:

Well, yes, if you don't mind. One of the 2-3 year-old seedlings I bought in 2012. It stayed in a pond basket, unattended at the back of my jungle (some have a "garden" - LOL as they said when I was younger).

Most of the branches grew on one side. I decided on a "literati", though the trunk is very straight. I had thought of wrapping it in raffia and bend it with a strong gauge wire to give it a little movement, but I think it would be too soft, not really "natural" so...

larix12-11_220113a.jpg larix12-11_220113b.jpg larix12-11_220113c.jpg

Next steps :
1/ make the stubs into "jins" (very small ones)
2/ find the right pot !

The bark is already quite nice, so maybe I can make something fairly decent from it...

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Ooooh When you pot it.. and work on the presentation..

My mind CAN NOT "see" this future tree without rock/hills/cliffs behind it, Toward the left... adding visual stability as well as grace in scale..

Like THIS area..maybe not as far as I've "thumb sketched" to the right..but you get my general idea.
7BF3D8B3-A61D-462C-A855-058C5AB19C19.jpeg

Maybe even coming forward slightly (And EVER so slightly "around").. ocularly "cradling" that movement WITHOUT visually diluting it.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
"see" this future tree without rock/hills/cliffs behind it, Toward the left...

Very good idea.

Frankly, if you didn't live so far, I'd be glad to give it to you and see how you will make it a nice bonsai landscape, honestly. I still have a couple of - oh no! not Larix x eurolepis again! - such candidates that I will happily give to someone with a "vision".
I think you really have the eye to make it a nice display 👍

Cheers, mate.

PS : why don't you sign your real name, like "Chet", or "Tim", or "John-Paul III", ?... :cool:

Alain K.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Very good idea.

Frankly, if you didn't live so far, I'd be glad to give it to you and see how you will make it a nice bonsai landscape, honestly. I still have a couple of - oh no! not Larix x eurolepis again! - such candidates that I will happily give to someone with a "vision".
I think you really have the eye to make it a nice display 👍

Cheers, mate.

PS : why don't you sign your real name, like "Chet", or "Tim", or "John-Paul III", ?... :cool:

Alain K.
I consider it ALL correspondence ... (I feel.. "aged" compared to my generation.) So I probably SHOULD!

- Leo Zornow

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I've never left this continent!!

If ever you win at the local lottery, I'd be glad to welcome you, your other half and the kids. Just mail me a week before so I can clean the house 😁 If I hire professionals, a week should be OK. I think 😒

Joking apart, kidding aside, if ever you have the opportunity to cross the Atlantic, I'm certain I won't be the only one to be very happy to make you feel at home, here, in France, or Germany, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Ireland, and even Britain I'm sure. A friend in bonsai is a friend indeed.

Oh my, I almost managed to have "dry January"... Huh huh.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
If ever you win at the local lottery, I'd be glad to welcome you, your other half and the kids. Just mail me a week before so I can clean the house 😁 If I hire professionals, a week should be OK. I think 😒

Joking apart, kidding aside, if ever you have the opportunity to cross the Atlantic, I'm certain I won't be the only one to be very happy to make you feel at home, here, in France, or Germany, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Ireland, and even Britain I'm sure. A friend in bonsai is a friend indeed.

Oh my, I almost managed to have "dry January"... Huh huh.
Oh Alain! The lottery is just cross-hairs at the pocket of the white man. Gamblers buy a LOT of 'fire water' for the Red Man..
🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
(I'm not racist, ALL people CAN suck! ((All people can be good, too, Douchebags are UNIVERSAL, and EVERY color!))) 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Aaaanyways..

I have NO doubt that we would be met with hospitality. and am looking forward to getting a chance to make Europe "prove it"!

🤓🤓🤓🤓

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I have NO doubt that we would be met with hospitality

Yeah, me or anyone in old Europe and elsewhere.

When I was younger, I travelled a bit. Some of the people, tourists, not very many, told me about how the people where they went were not nice. i've always thought that wherever you go, you bring with you what the locals can appreciate. They can "sense" that you are a friendly person, whatever the culture.

You are what you bring with you.

I went to countries where a month's salary was what I earned in one day, and was hosted by strangers that could not speak French, and hardly any German or English. They not only let us sleep at their place but fed us and refused to have any money from us.

And I don't believe in "god", I believe in people who can welcome a stranger, share a moment with foreigners, exchange with people who have the same values. Liberty, Equality, Fraternity. And everywhere I went, I found people who shared the same values, not the fascist, nationalist, religious lies that put people(s) against one another.

I wanted to travel more, Korea, Japan, China, but I'm an old man now and my pension - and my health - is not what can alow me to travel.

But do travel, meet other peole and cultures, you don't have to agree or disagree, but meet other people, and listen to them.

:cool:

Peace and love, as we used to say in the seventies. Were we that stoopid ?...

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Peace and love, as we used to say in the seventies. Were we that stoopid ?...
Y'know? It's been my stance, always, that if that "movement" had taken... the world would be a spectacularly different place.

I feel the ONLY reason it was so "disregarded" is simply the fact that it was draped in sex and spiked with chemicals... That was the only 'weak'(as far as 'the cause') point... and the prudes extorted it.

Timothy Leary. Ken Kessey. Tom Wolfe and his crew.. they tried to explain it.. but the "appearance" and "sensory overload" of that(our) "world".. was off-putting for the commoners.

A quest for peace with a Sharin'-sized duffel bag of Love.. is just how I live my life... anything else seems sense/point-less..

...how things change..

Nowadays... 14 year olds rob, at gunpoint, to afford, not only really strong, synthetic narcotics that may kill themselves, but ALSO really strong synthetic tryptamines and phenethylamines that could TEACH THEM SO MUCH... that they can take at a house party in a 2-bedroom with 40 people they've never met. The house has two broken windows and no running water.. and the kids that live there during the DAY.. sometimes forget.. and use the toilet, so it's full. (America)

All to avoid.... the real.. the here.. the now.

It seems like the logic line has been crossed so many times.. that the validity of "hippies" and "flower power" SEEM like they carry no merit, and that's horribly sad.

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND, NOW!

😂😂

*Sorry... Stoned, hippy rant*

(SEE!)

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Timothy Leary.

Actually, if there's something I don't regret at all but I won't do again is taking LSD. No ependance, and a lot to ponder about after agood trip, or a bad one, but bad trips were only with uptight people, like a friend whose girlfriend was with a new boyfriend, etc...

You know, it's like when you travel : you only bring what's inside of you, good or bad. What's "exotic" is just a different colour. I liked playing with "chaospro" to make fractals when I was stoned, made a lot of psychedelic pictures :cool:

191229Ae.1.jpg

Huh huh...

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Actually, if there's something I don't regret at all but I won't do again is taking LSD. No ependance, and a lot to ponder about after agood trip, or a bad one, but bad trips were only with uptight people, like a friend whose girlfriend was with a new boyfriend, etc...

You know, it's like when you travel : you only bring what's inside of you, good or bad. What's "exotic" is just a different colour. I liked playing with "chaospro" to make fractals when I was stoned, made a lot of psychedelic pictures :cool:

View attachment 417679

Huh huh...

LSD was a good one.. Meeting "the Godhead(by NO means 'God' by any relatable human word) at the beginning point of matter....

Traversing the hallways of your subconscious...🤪 Y'know.. full-blown "Hippie Crap"

I went "big".. because I longed for "both feet off"... and that is difficult.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
But after I learned those things... you don't really NEED to "go back" with chemicals.

All those pathways exist in your "non-poisoned" brain, also.

LunaticTree

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Got one myselfe 2 years ago, not sure yet where to go with it, but it got a nice curve so far

Attachments

• IMG_20220226_170444.jpg
    IMG_20220226_170444.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 28

LunaticTree

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would perhaps reduce it a third : they heal very well and the wood is supple enough to wire a side branch up to form a new leader.

View attachment 422162
Actualy thought about that before but I was unsure if it would become to small! But The Top doesnt really look that appealing now does it hahahaha. I will consider this one!

Top Bottom