Last chance for DE $5 + Shipping

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I'm moving next week and I have about 50 boxes of DE left and I don't want to toss them so if you ever wanted to try it now is your chance. $5 is below cost.

$23 total per large flat rate box

*Non-calcined DE will break down in 1 growing season so some brands on the market will harm your trees!

Bonsai artist Ryan Neil (who is the leading professional using DE with bonsai) states that Diatomaceous Earth is the #1 substitute for akadama. In my opinion it's better for the following reasons: 1) It's cheaper, 2) better water retention, 3) better oxygen retention, 4) better CEC (cation exchange capacity which in basic terms is the ability to hold nutrients).

The size range on this product is as follows:

3/8” ............................................................................. 0.0%
4 Mesh ........................................................................ 90.0%
6 Mesh ....................................................................... 98.0%

The majority is larger than 1/4". Very little dust.

I love this size of DE! I use it in my mix for all trees in development. My mix is 50% course DE, 40% 1/4" scoria (lava), and 10% sifted bark. I get excellent results with this mix. The majority of this product is 1/4" or larger.

You are buying about 3.5 gallons of sifted DE (the amount that ships in a large flat-rate box). Please note that this price is limited to stock on hand as I am selling at cost plus expenses for boxing.

PayPal only, Friends and Family please!

20171229_221221-1-1024x681.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180801_113306972.jpg
    IMG_20180801_113306972.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 59

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I didn’t even know you could get DE of that size, I’d definitely give it a shot knowing that. Hope you can get it gone before the move. I’d take some but ya know, this whole Florence thing ?

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought 10 boxes! Waiting for Clyde to sell all of his then I will own the largest stockpile of this product in the world!!!!!bwahahaha

All kidding aside this is great stuff people! I have several of my trees in straight DE and they are healthy and doing well. Holds a great deal of water which is great for my location.

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks!

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Shipment going out tomorrow. I might have time for one more shipment so last chance if you want some at this price. I have 22 boxes left. I am going to try and take a couple but I would rather ship it out to folks who will use it.

I will leave the link on the site up for another day but we are out of here on Friday.

http://treeoflifebonsai.com/product/coarse-calcined-diatomaceous-earth/

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Yup. Got 2 boxes myself already. If i was close enough to pick them up, I would of bought most or all of what's left.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you guys havent used D E. before you should be very pleased with the results.
And Clyde has put a lot of work into researching the material is selling.

Top Bottom