Last purchase of the year: 20 year projects, dont judge me lol

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All due respect, but I disagree. Unless you get a February pushing 70 to be followed by a late March blizzard. Or the year we had near two feet of snow in April!!!:confused::p:D:D:D:D:D:D
We had 80s this past February, stuff started budding, then it cooled off well into April. The trees sure don't like that. We don't generally have the chore of taking trees inside and then back outside. That would sure suck.

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So in the south do you just watch the weather closely and bring them inside over night.
How do you prepare for quick freezes?
How long does the freeze last one day or 2 weeks?
Here we freeze for months. Just wondering.
I watch the weather forecast like a hawk. I pretty much know going in what my trees will take and plan accordingly. This year I'll be putting up a greenhouse and that should make caring for the more sensitive species easier. Our freezes usually only last a couple days to maybe a week. Certainly not months. Brrrr!

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Johnathan
Haha still can't tell, but I'm still leaning towards sweetgum... Something about the lobes and sinuses just don't look like red maple to me. And the kinda of chartreuse color of the foliage reminds me of liquidambar.

Johnathan

Omono
Reaction score
@Johnathan
Haha still can't tell, but I'm still leaning towards sweetgum... Something about the lobes and sinuses just don't look like red maple to me. And the kinda of chartreuse color of the foliage reminds me of liquidambar.

After googling "liquidambar" you might be right lol

Top Bottom