Last tree of the year, 2019 edition

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm going down to NC to spend x-mas with the in-laws and plan to make a detour by Nature's way nursery on the way back. There's a good chance my last tree of the year will be on the last week of the year.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hm.. In november we have a field day again with my club. I might pick up a tree then. Thinking a new Berberis maybe, to sell on in a year or two.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wasn't planning on it but have 3 coming from Wigert's later in the week. I'll post some pictures the end of the week.
Besides, the year hasn't ended yet so who knows.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Wasn't planning on it but
That happens to me alot ;) Wigert's is great, I have some nice material from them. If you're looking for something in particular, Andrea is great about sending pictures of things she thinks you may be interested in also. No, the year hasn't ended, but we have had a couple frosts and it will be getting risky to ship here. Not to mention that everything is inside and the inn is full.

Last edited:

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That happens to me alot ;) Wigert's is great, I have some nice material from them. If you're looking for something in particular, Andrea is great about sending pictures of things she thinks you may be interested in also. No, the year hasn't ended, but we have had a couple frosts and it will be getting risky to ship here. Not to mention that everything is inside and the inn is full.
Thanks for the tip Carol. They sure are easy to work with and their combined shipping is very affordable.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I have this one inbound.
I thought the bougie I dug a couple of weeks back would be my last but I was browsing the recently added stuff and this stuck out like a sore thumb. It's the first time I have come across an Aussie native from a reputable bonsai dealer over here and had it in the basket and check'd out as quick as I could. lol

I did grab a Larix and Liquidamber stick in pot each to grow out as well because clearly I haven't killed enough deciduous trees yet.

callistemon-citrinus-i-1399.jpg

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have trouble going for more than a couple weeks without stumbling upon another candidate. Trimmed two trees last week and removed two suckers that found their way into pots. I'm afraid to look at the ground.

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hokotusei satsuki, imported, came in to my possession a couple weeks ago. Let’s just say it’s the last one this year I’ll admit to. It came from North American Satsuki Bonsai Center, which used to be the old El Dorado Bonsai. New owner is a really nice guy.
5FAC633D-4A92-4C54-9C0B-1323790F934D.jpeg

Top Bottom