Last words of Steve Jobs

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Most probably you have already read this but I thought was worth it posting this text once again (copied from the net)

The last words of Steve Jobs, 1955-2011 ("Apple" co-founder)

“I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In others’ eyes, my life is an epitome of success.
However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to.

At this moment, lying on the sick bed and recalling my whole life, I realize that all the recognition and wealth that I took so much pride in, have paled and become meaningless in the face of impending death.
In the darkness, I look at the green lights from the life supporting machines and hear the humming mechanical sounds, I can feel the breath of god of death drawing closer …

Now I know, when we have accumulated sufficient wealth to last our lifetime, we should pursue other matters that are unrelated to wealth …
Should be something that is more important:
Perhaps relationships, perhaps art, perhaps a dream from younger days.
Non-stop pursuing of wealth will only turn a person into a twisted being, just like me.

God gave us the senses to let us feel the love in everyone’s heart, not the illusions brought about by wealth.
The wealth I have won in my life I cannot bring with me.
What I can bring is only the memories precipitated by love.
That’s the true riches which will follow you, accompany you, giving you strength and light to go on.

Love can travel a thousand miles.
Life has no limit. Go where you want to go.
Reach the height you want to reach. It is all in your heart and in your hands.

What is the most expensive bed in the world?
Sick bed …
You can employ someone to drive the car for you, make money for you but you cannot have someone to bear the sickness for you.

Material things lost, can be found.
But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost — Life.
When a person goes into the operating room, he will realize that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading — Book of Healthy Life.

Whichever stage in life we are at right now, with time, we will face the day when the curtain comes down.

Treasure Love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends.
Treat yourself well.
Cherish others.”

Although Steve Jobs passed away in 2011, the above-quoted essay didn’t begin circulating online until November 2015, was not published anywhere outside of unofficial social media accounts and low-traffic blogs, and has not been confirmed by anyone close to the founder of Apple.
While the above-quoted essay does not represent either Steve Jobs’ final words nor remarks he made (in either oral or written form) at any time during his life, his biographer Walter Isaacson did record Jobs’ expressing regret at the end of his life about how he raised his children.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Two points -

[1] Live a life full of achievements and then in memory live it twice. --- loosely borrowed from the Dalai Lama

[2] When you pass all you can take is your memories.

Sister Marie Baptista shared this with us - When my mum died and she was a religious one, as she left this world
for the next her eyes began to shine with joy, for she could see into the next world and described it as ----- joy/

The love of money is the root of all evil.

Thank you Alexandra.
Humbly
Anthony

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Two points -

[1] Live a life full of achievements and then in memory live it twice. --- loosely borrowed from the Dalai Lama

[2] When you pass all you can take is your memories.

Sister Marie Baptista shared this with us - When my mum died and she was a religious one, as she left this world
for the next her eyes began to shine with joy, for she could see into the next world and described it as ----- joy/

Thank you Alexandra.
Humbly
Anthony
Is a love for money the same as a need for money?

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Please read as two guys just talking over a couple of'
beers.
It's factual, but not meant to be read as someone talking down to
instructing. Insert Smilies lots of them ------------:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):eek::rolleyes:

@just.wing.it ,

learning to live comfortably is a challenge for most.
So much so, that they are running a programme since June 4th
for Trinidadians in financial problems. Learning to live within
their means.

You may have noticed that I start with ----------

[1] Buy a piece of land
[2] Build a house
[3 ] If you can afford ----- a wife ----------- one may not have been raised to want a working wife.
[4] if you can afford x children.

Most on our side, marry and then rent and then make children [ often too many to educate or
even feed ] and acquire habits they cannot afford e.g cable, dish washer, flat screen tv. car
and so on.

Instead of a home and learning how to keep it as in repairs etc.
We have a saying down here ------- rent money is dead money.

So need of money would be ----------- thought out sensible, practical use.
Good Day
Anthony,

* Like you really needed me to type all of that, I know you are very intelligent,
ah but was it the practical part ?:):):):):):):):):):):):confused::eek::rolleyes::D

Last edited:

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm thinking they were more like "Son of bi....."

"Letter" sounds more like a diatribe from a bitter personal assistant.....:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"Rosebud"?:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Remain incompatible with all other OS platforms"?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"The Jeffersons WAS right"?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
God gave us the senses to let us feel the love in everyone’s heart,

No, I think that men and women are intelligent enough to know good from wrong, without any sectarian religion.

Intelligence gave us some hints of how to live with others without killing each others. The idea of "god" was just a very convenient way of having people to comply with basic rules. The idea that there was a "god" and an afterlife, was a very way of making people civilized.

But now, we're not pithecantrops who believed in whatever, Mormons, Al-Qaida, Scientologists and Donald Trump. We're not that stupid, are we ?.... We know that there is no hidden reality that can explain why the suns rises in the morning and the night comes.

The real world.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

I can think of a lot of evil that doesn't involve money in the slightest.

And I can think of many - if not most- of the good things that have happened to society as a direct result of there being a profit motive for creating/inventing them.

"Love of money" to the exclusion of all other things is absolutely evil. However money by itself is neither good nor bad - it is simply a "thing". Get rid of money and you will still have people doing evil things for evil reasons.

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
... ...The love of money is the root of all evil... ...
... ..."Love of money" to the exclusion of all other things is absolutely evil. However money by itself is neither good nor bad - it is simply a "thing". Get rid of money and you will still have people doing evil things for evil reasons.
Money is simply a means in the hands of human.
It is the type of use of money a human does which transforms money into a bad/good thing.
A knife is simply a "thing/tool"
You can cut your bread in half and share it with a poor fellow human or you can cut your neighbor's throat because he disturbs the program of your life.....

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
... ...Although Steve Jobs passed away in 2011, the above-quoted essay didn’t begin circulating online until November 2015, was not published anywhere outside of unofficial social media accounts and low-traffic blogs, and has not been confirmed by anyone close to the founder of Apple.
While the above-quoted essay does not represent either Steve Jobs’ final words nor remarks he made (in either oral or written form) at any time during his life, his biographer Walter Isaacson did record Jobs’ expressing regret at the end of his life about how he raised his children.

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Though I don't disagree with the spirit of it... the entire thing is fiction. Someone made it all up to advance their own personal agenda, and then stuck the name of a famous dead man on it to get people to read it.

+1

That a-hole would never have thought, much less uttered, anything like that.

His final words, for the record, were:

"Oh, wow! Oh, wow! Oh, wow!"

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
money by itself is neither good nor bad - it is simply a "thing". Get rid of money and you will still have people doing evil things for evil reasons.

Aye.

It's like alphabet for words, grammar to language, numbers to mathematics.

Just a way to make a bridge between abstract and the real world.

Some "smart" people take profit from this. They are not the ones who will make mankind any better.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Folks,

you really don't need me to expand on this ------

the love of money is the root of all evil ,

the key word is - love - it means to the exclusion of anything else -------- as it is used in the
above phrase.

Normally folk break it into --------- money is the root of all evil . which is not quite correct.

Even if Mr. Jobs never said it ----------- I now know many folk in their 70's , 80's and 90's
even a few at 100.
The link in all of their thoughts is regret, regret at never truly having done anything.
So I visit these folk very infrequently, it is a bit much to handle at my young age.

Which is why I suggest seeds, seedlings, cutting and airlayers.
The act of doing here equates to a personal achievement. The tending of the children.
Good Day
Anthony

* One day we can discuss how having Neanderthal genes will screw up you life as they were makers
of weapons and had a specific gene for creating. Hunter gatherers.
Homo sapiens have a more sociable nature suited to farming and living in groups.
We have wait and see what the Denisovians were full of, and there is one more that slips my
memory.
The residual genes cause the problems.

Who wants the things $$$$$

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
While I have no idea the validity of if he ever said that or not, lots here to read and I did not lol. I can say this though. I read his book, and while I did not like Steve Jobs at all, I respected what the man accomplished in his life. And I know in his book he did say the most important things in his life were things money could not buy, but time itself. So, there's that.

Top Bottom