Late night yamadori ninja mission.

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score
Today while walking i noticed a Casurania hanging out from a cliff so i climbed up to have a look.

20170824_110923.jpg

Looks good to me. Only issue is this is a fairly public place with people constantly walking by. Imagining what i would look like to passersby as im purched up on a cliff digging out a tree.

I decided i would come back under the shadow of the nights sky to collect this.

I just got back from my ninja mission in the darkness.

20170824_222145.jpg

20170824_222202.jpg

20170824_222223.jpg

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Um, You're hardly a fucking Ninja. You're a petty thief.

Stealing trees gives every collector a bad name--in other words--your greedy shit makes everyone stink.

Just because you're too lazy (or scared) to do the necessary legwork for permission...

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score
Um, You're hardly a fucking Ninja. You're a petty thief.

Stealing trees gives every collector a bad name--in other words--your greedy shit makes everyone stink.

Just because you're too lazy (or scared) to do the necessary legwork for permission...

Collecting a wild tree in nature from a area that is not protected or owned is theft?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I do not live in the united states.
Yeah, kind of gathered that by the species. So why isn't this stealing? Land, as far as I know, has to be owned by someone, even in Oz. Love to hear the explanation, err rationalization, on having to "collect" it in secret from a public place.

Enlighten us Beanie

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score
Yeah, kind of gathered that by the species. So why isn't this stealing? Land, as far as I know, has to be owned by someone, even in Oz. Love to hear the explanation, err rationalization, on having to "collect" it in secret from a public place.

Enlighten us Beanie

The only reason for collecting at night is so i dont look like a crazy person to people walking on the road.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Collecting a wild tree in nature from a area that is not protected or owned is theft?
The only reason for collecting at night is so i dont look like a crazy person to people walking on the road.
Did you even TRY to find out who owns the land, or stick with the loony assumption that "no one owns it?"

I don't think looking crazy had anything to do with it. You posted this here expecting to be called a thief, so I don't think you really have a problem with what other people think. The only reason you did it at night was so no one would stop you...Why's that?

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score
Did you even TRY to find out who owns the land, or stick with the loony assumption that "no one owns it?"

I don't think looking crazy had anything to do with it. You posted this here expecting to be called a thief, so I don't think you really have a problem with what other people think. The only reason you did it at night was so no one would stop you...Why's that?

your assumptions are humoring me.

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score

Fake news

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
your assumptions are humoring me.
You're collection tactics hurt the rest of us that ask and be up front about our tree collecting activities.
I don't care where you live. Someone owns the land. If you didn't get permission from the rightful owner that tree is stolen.
So. Did you procure permission for the tree? Or is it as it looks? You went out at night and stole it? Which by your beating around the bush you did.
Clear it up and quit trying to be smart in your responses.
If not no one cares about that tree. Except maybe the real owner.

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I heard that Casurania are considered endangered or threatened in certain parts of the world due to over collecting... I could be wrong but I could be right;).

They grow like weeds here.

Top Bottom