Late RePot

rootpuma

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Is it too late to repot nana in Houston? This winter was rather warm for us with no real prolong cold. They already have new bright green tips.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You may be talking about a juniper but it could be about anything. "nana " basically means dwarf.

rootpuma

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Well...this is the Juniper forum....so nana juniper is what should be implied....but thats for your comment.

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
Well...this is the Juniper forum....so nana juniper is what should be implied....but thats for your comment.
…there is that😅

If you’re already pushing new growth and not just buds I’d hold off til next season so long as the current soil or pot situation is not detrimental to the health of the plant. Photos of the current growth could help others respond more precisely to your particular circumstance.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
It's probably juniperus procumbens. And you can still repot it if the tips are getting green. Just take a little extra caution and maybe give it a week of shade.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Agree with @Wires_Guy_wires
I normally repot junipers after I've finished all the deciduous so that's often when they have active growth. No problems with that down here. Mine go straight back to the benches in full sun as it is generally still not too hot or dry through spring.
We see lots of advice to retain growing tips to help grow new roots when collecting junipers so it makes sense to me that repotting junipers with growing tips should be good.
Younger and smaller juniper (and plants in general) will tolerate much more than older trees so you have a much wider window for young plants than older bonsai.

BTW. best to add a location to your profile as many bonsai activities and timing depends on where you live. A city or general location helps others give better advice.

Top Bottom