Late season pruning

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
lol. You do not really have winter do you though?
Our part of Aust is considered to have 4 distinct seasons unlike some parts which only have 2.
I guess by northern standards -4C nights are probably pretty mild though.
On the plus side it is great not having to store trees away in winter or do the 2 step that some of you seem to love.

Reaction score
Funny this discussion cause autumn is the time to prune regular trees in the landscape. There’s a say here in Portugal that basically says pruning is done in October. Go figure.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Funny this discussion cause autumn is the time to prune regular trees in the landscape. There’s a say here in Portugal that basically says pruning is done in October. Go figure.
makes sense doesnt it? That is in the first weeks after leaf drop?

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yeh, experimenting with things is what Ill do and have been doing.. but we all do it, right? From the day 1 of our hobby, we had no choice but to do it.
Even if someone said to me to DEFINITELY do this thing and don't do this thing.. I do it, still an experiment because my climate, trees, substrate, care and routine is different to others.

The idea of one experimenting to learn things is an inevitability.
Like I said in the first post (which was in the hopes Bobby doesn't tell me, what he told me lol), I simply like to discuss and get opinions. End of the day, I'll do what I think is best and have done and will continue to do. Like I said, I like to cheat by reading books, by watching videos, by talking to others, cos I want to be better and the best I can be.

@jeremy_norbury always lurking around Jerry, just surprising us all by replying from time to time :p. Interesting your ideas with the CE. Ill have to see how mine are over the years :)

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
now that is just unfair advantage-taking!

Im cheating by reading this forum right now! Sue me! :)

Jokes aside, I like to discuss this hobby with like minded people. I’m not concerned about what people think I will do or should do, I’ll worry about that, let’s just discuss :)

Top Bottom