Leaf curl on several trees

remist17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I have several trees that show some leaf curl. These are regular landscape trees. Once is a mulberry, one is a lilac and one is a burning bush.

I have done no work to these trees, no fertilizer and are in the ground for over 3 years. Is this a bug or fungus?

I do have a peach tree within 50 feet of these trees that came down with a fruit tree leaf fungus but it does not look like this.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sometimes stress can cause this.

Did you apply any chemicals (insecticide, herbicide, etc.)?
Do you see any insects?

Change in sun ray/heat intensity sometimes can cause this also.

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Looks like a fungus or a root problem to me. Sometimes leaves curl smoothly towards the center if their roots get very hot or dry out too much. ESP cherries.

remist17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
These are lanscape trees so I have not touched them. No chemicals, no sprays, no root trimming. These are in the ground.

We did have a stretch of 90 plus degree weather and no rain.

I looked at each leaf with eyes only and I see no bugs.

If this is a fungus, what type / brandshould I get.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The crinkly curling leaves seems to be peach leaf curl.Remove the leaf and ideally burn it.The smooth curling leaves,Is there a web and spider in the center of it?
The peach leaf curl primarily happens in spring when spores fall on the leaves.the only way to avoid is when under cover in spring so the spores cannot reach the leaves.Not detrimental if you remove the leaves.

Top Bottom