Leather Tool Roll

USDA Zone
6a
I have been looking for a real leather tool roll for a while now, I have found some small rolls, but nothing quite what I have in mind. I am considering picking up some leather working tools and making one myself.
I would sure appreciate any ideas or pics of leather tool roll's you all are using or where I can purchase one?

When a bonsai stops growing, you know it's dead.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
USDA Zone
O Dude on the 99cent auction makes nice ones.
I reckon.

Sorce

USDA Zone
6a
You know I have to agree, the tool bag is practical. But for some reason the tool roll is spiritual.
Feels ritualistic unrolling it. Or maybe that’s the rum speaking,
I think I will make one, it will make it more special to me.
I’ll through a tread up of how that works out.
Thanks guys!

Bonsai Nut

Administrator
USDA Zone
10A
I have had the same leather tool roll for over 20 years. Problem is... I have too many tools.

American Bonsai has some nice canvas ones...

You can find some good leather tool rolls among the woodworking crowd. Also do a search on Etsy... some handmade ones that won't cost you an arm and a leg... and I'll bet would take custom orders.

Major Leather Tool Roll

il_570xN.1269313808_n6kg.jpg

USDA Zone
6a
I have had the same leather tool roll for over 20 years. Problem is... I have too many tools.

American Bonsai has some nice canvas ones...

You can find some good leather tool rolls among the woodworking crowd. Also do a search on Etsy... some handmade ones that won't cost you an arm and a leg... and I'll bet would take custom orders.

Major Leather Tool Roll

View attachment 166101 [/QUOTE

I have looked at the canvas ones and do like them, but something draws me to the leather.
Great idea on hitting a maker up for a custom made one.
Thanks,

USDA Zone
6a
I don’t have photos....however, I did have some old suede leather (a very deep dark green color) and used a sewing machine to stitch together a leather tool holder. The stitching is not perfect. The leather has flaws. But it looks great and works. The suede gave me the degree of leather flexibility I wanted....and was easier to sew with a leather needle. It was an inexpensive scrap, actually a good sized scrap, from a leather store that I bought for about $7 awhile ago because I was sure that someday I would need it.....hmmmmmm.....do leather stores still exist?

USDA Zone
7a
I have a bunch of these (large size), and I'll be using 3 for my new Kaneshin SS.
I purchased them along with MY tools and our initial stocking order with Kaneshin.
http://kaneshin.shop.multilingualcart.com/goods_en_jpy_183.html

Then I'll place all of them in a carrying box something like this, only slightly larger:

https://www.amazon.com/Vaultz-Locking-Personal-Security-VZ00102-2/dp/B004Q86PNI/ref=sr_1_3?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1509889209&sr=1-3&keywords=locking+storage+box&dpID=51e-uCt6-HL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch .

I enjoy having a boat load of tools...
You should see my car & woodworking tools. LOL...
BB

Last edited:
USDA Zone
6a
I don’t have photos....however, I did have some old suede leather (a very deep dark green color) and used a sewing machine to stitch together a leather tool holder. The stitching is not perfect. The leather has flaws. But it looks great and works. The suede gave me the degree of leather flexibility I wanted....and was easier to sew with a leather needle. It was an inexpensive scrap, actually a good sized scrap, from a leather store that I bought for about $7 awhile ago because I was sure that someday I would need it.....hmmmmmm.....do leather stores still exist?
I know of several Tandy leather stores in Salt Lake City, which really is surprising nowadays. I think I will go check one out this week.

USDA Zone
6a
I picked one up on the Facebook Auction sites made by Mark Leonberber, he makes a wide variety of them and they are very nicely constructed. You can reach out to him to see what he has available.
Thanks for the info, I will do that. I knew there had to be someone out there making them.
Thanks Again

USDA Zone
6b
Thanks for the info, I will do that. I knew there had to be someone out there making them.
Thanks Again
Yeah, right after I bought a 7 compartment roll, Mark posted an 11 compartment roll, ugh! Still very top quality and he has a variety of sizes and colors. You won't be disappointed.

USDA Zone
6a
I know of several Tandy leather stores in Salt Lake City, which really is surprising nowadays. I think I will go check one out this week.
Nice to hear that they are still open. Tandy Leather...I couldn’t remember the company name...that’s where I bought the leather...from their huge stack of leather reject scraps on a table....perfect for my needs. I should go back to that store again....could be another leather project in the future. Funny...scraps from the scrap leather project turned into odd shaped drink coasters.