Leatherback, me, and Brazilian Rain trees; a threesome.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You have a lovely garden @Clicio to match your lovely accent.

@leatherback another packing method I find useful (and for plants that are not over spilling the pot, or that are not too rigid if they are over spilling) rather than cutting down a box is to take some thin cardboard cut to the height of the box, lay the safely sealed pot against one edge and tape around the pot and secure it to the cardboard. Then roll it up so that the pot is secured inside the cylinder, tape the cylinder closed, add some tape around the base to secure the cylinder to the bottom of the pot, then stick that in the box and bubble wrap/shredded cardboard around it to stop it moving side to side.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
You have a lovely garden @Clicio to match your lovely accent.

@leatherback another packing method I find useful (and for plants that are not over spilling the pot, or that are not too rigid if they are over spilling) rather than cutting down a box is to take some thin cardboard cut to the height of the box, lay the safely sealed pot against one edge and tape around the pot and secure it to the cardboard. Then roll it up so that the pot is secured inside the cylinder, tape the cylinder closed, add some tape around the base to secure the cylinder to the bottom of the pot, then stick that in the box and bubble wrap/shredded cardboard around it to stop it moving side to side.

Thanks for your kindness @Mapleminx !

Very good tip about wrapping the pot with cardboard sounds very secure indeed.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nicely done. Great garden walk, and I love the fake maples. 🤣 And now I know how to pronounce your name Clicio.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Yes I forgot to mention the “maples don’t grow in Brazil, this is fake news“ bit made me laugh.

Unlike many people believe, JBP, JRP, Shimpaku Junipers - Kishu, Itoigawa - Prunus, Elms, Quinces and Maples do grow very well in the Southeast and Southern regions of Brazil.
Care must be taken in the summer though; protection from the wind and from the harsh sun is a must, as well as plenty of watering.
"Maples don't grow in Brazil" is definitely fake news.

Top Bottom