Leave for osaka in 10 days!

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Going to bonsai classes in osaka Japan with bjorn an the guys in 10 days. Then spending a week sight seeing. Looking for must see things to do while in osaka. This is not my first time in Japan but my first in osaka.
What bonsai item should a bring home?

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Sounds like fun...I would be buying pots and maybe tools if the deals were good.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Please pick me up a Satsuki with a trunk of about 4" diameter. I'll meet you at the airport.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Osaka has the highest crime rate in Japan! Just a reminder if you are about looking like a tourist spending cash. Safe travels to you.

Grimmy

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
Living things are quite the effort to bring back. In addition to pots, look for things like display tables, scrolls, suiseki,maybe some tenpai (figurines statues etc to use in display.

Here's a hint disquised in a statement...:)

" I know we can count on you to take lots of photos to share with us when you gey back".

have a great trip!

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Only bring enough clothes to safely pack all your pots!!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
mail your pots. don't waste time packing and carrying them through the airport.
buy a bunch and send them on ahead of you.
safe travels.

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yea I think ill mail stuff back. That way I don't have problems at the airport. Last time I was coming home from Tokyo I had 20 wind chimes. Metal ones. Of course my underwire and cloths was everywhere because it was setting of there alerts:p
I can't wait to see some good stuff. First day there I'm going to a bonsai market they have once a month.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Yes I agree! Pots, pots and more pots! I bought a whole bunch when I was there. I could not believe the prices!!!

Awesome trip and please do report when you're back :)

Top Bottom