Left Coast Bonsai

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Have a pre order that I placed a while back.. good to read that you’re getting ready to send the orders out. Everything is going according to zhe plan.

JEads

Mame
Reaction score
A quick update that we are starting to pack seedlings into boxes and ship them out.
I still have everything except Chinese Quince. Quince will ship again in the fall of 2022.
If you have need for root graft material or forest seedlings, let me know and I can send some different sizes.
Please share around to your club, friends and anyone else interested in starting trees from seedlings.IMG_20220204_160348564_HDR.jpgIMG_20220204_160018471_HDR.jpgIMG_20220204_155605002_HDR.jpgIMG_20220204_164135278.jpg

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
A quick update that we are starting to pack seedlings into boxes and ship them out.
I still have everything except Chinese Quince. Quince will ship again in the fall of 2022.
If you have need for root graft material or forest seedlings, let me know and I can send some different sizes.
Please share around to your club, friends and anyone else interested in starting trees from seedlings.View attachment 419025View attachment 419026View attachment 419027View attachment 419028
Those look great John. Thanks for posting, good reference point for those interested. The pine looks very healthy and the roots are just right for minor pruning and beginning a radial splay on the next repotting. Not in need of any but appreciate the work you have done!

ochong

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Excellent John! Just submitted an order.

Given that I’m in MA and it’ll regularly be well below freezing through March, I guess they’ll be going in to the fridge.

If you have any thoughts on keeping them dormant, I’m all ears.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought tridents one winter and kept them in my fridge until May. I even held a few until June. They all did well.

JEads

Mame
Reaction score
Excellent John! Just submitted an order.

Given that I’m in MA and it’ll regularly be well below freezing through March, I guess they’ll be going in to the fridge.

If you have any thoughts on keeping them dormant, I’m all ears.
I just got your order. Thank you so much.

I am shipping out seedlings for the next month, so if you want me to hold your order here, I can. I think I can safely ship as late as March 1.
Just let me know what you want me to do.
John

ochong

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I just got your order. Thank you so much.

I am shipping out seedlings for the next month, so if you want me to hold your order here, I can. I think I can safely ship as late as March 1.
Just let me know what you want me to do.
John
Kind of you to offer to hold them. I’ll actually be away later in the month to the beginning of March so probably best to ship as you normally would and I’ll get them situated.

Cheers,
Oliver

Chop_n_Change

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just got my order and everything looks fantastic, well packed, and as described. I started to pot them up and then saw the explainer video on the home page https://leftcoastbonsai.com/ and found it revelatory! excellent primer on what to do with 1st year/ early root work. Thanks John!

Taste

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
i think im going to place a small order to pick up at the feb meeting or to pick up!

Last edited:

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Just got my order and everything looks fantastic, well packed, and as described. I started to pot them up and then saw the explainer video on the home page https://leftcoastbonsai.com/ and found it revelatory! excellent primer on what to do with 1st year/ early root work. Thanks John!
Definitely a very informative video!

Taste

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Order in, a ginko, a euro beech, and a river birch! excited! been looking for these for a bit!

JEads

Mame
Reaction score
Definitely a very informative video!
Thanks everyone. Not great video work or audio quality, but hopefully the information is helpful to people.
Glad the seedlings arrived in good shape.
John

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Gotta love those dulcet tones! More “bonsai wire” podcast please!

n8

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
WooHoo. keep me updated with how they grow.

Twenty-five, even! Thanks for the BonusBeech™

Today is my Saturday and I had committed to doing mucho fieldwork out on my buddy's farm, but was able to get through about half of these after getting home. Threading washers on some, cutting back and spreading roots where I could. I was not expecting to find some of these mongo tap roots! [snip snip]

These are excellent starts, John. Good work.

JEads

Mame
Reaction score
Twenty-five, even! Thanks for the BonusBeech™

Today is my Saturday and I had committed to doing mucho fieldwork out on my buddy's farm, but was able to get through about half of these after getting home. Threading washers on some, cutting back and spreading roots where I could. I was not expecting to find some of these mongo tap roots! [snip snip]

These are excellent starts, John. Good work.
Thanks so much. I tried to slip a few extras into the box in case one turns out a dud.
Keep me updated on how they grow.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Mine should arrive tomorrow, thing they’ll be ok in their current state wrapped up for a couple more weeks?

Top Bottom