Lets Get Walter Back

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
lol.. Boy, am I glad I came back.. I wasn't on for a few weeks or so... It's good to be back on Bonsai Talk...ehh huhh.. I mean Bonsai Nut;)

Rob

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ok, maybe one could turn the site into a Gregs List, That way Walter could come and promote his blog and workshops more. These were the only threads started by Walter I could find. 7 in 6years, prolific for sure.

So whats the real motive here.......Someone gettin a kickback from Walter or something?

Hiow does one shut off the Karaoke Bar?

Started by Walter Pall, September 12th, 2012 09:42 PM

Replies: 18
Views: 655
Last Post: September 13th, 2012 09:51 AM by Bonsai Nut

Bonsai Forums:
Feedback and Suggestions

workshops with collected material at Nature's Way Nursery, Harrisburg, PA

Started by Walter Pall, February 23rd, 2008 04:16 AM

Replies: 6
Views: 3,091
Last Post: April 21st, 2010 05:27 AM by Walter Pall

Bonsai Forums:
Announcements

Woodstock III in Harrsiburg, Pa in April 2010

Started by Walter Pall, February 16th, 2010 07:10 AM

Replies: 4
Views: 1,077
Last Post: April 20th, 2010 11:03 AM by Walter Pall

Bonsai Forums:
Events, Exhibits & Outings

Walter Pall in Los Angeles on WEd., Dec. 2, 2009

Started by Walter Pall, September 24th, 2009 10:04 PM

Replies: 22
Views: 2,455
Last Post: December 4th, 2009 08:17 PM by BUBBAFRGA

Bonsai Forums:
Events, Exhibits & Outings

Ban on import of deciduous bonsai into EU!

Started by Walter Pall, December 25th, 2008 02:07 AM

Replies: 7
Views: 1,062
Last Post: December 27th, 2008 01:07 PM by Marc S

Bonsai Forums:
General Discussion

Brand new gallery

Started by Walter Pall, January 16th, 2008 11:55 PM

Replies: 17
Views: 1,864
Last Post: May 28th, 2008 07:35 PM by Widgeon

Bonsai Forums:
General Discussion

Super Shots

Started by Walter Pall, November 27th, 2007 10:31 AM

Replies: 15
Views: 1,622
Last Post: January 22nd, 2008 10:38 AM by Rick Moquin

Bonsai Forums:
General Discussion

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
lol.. Boy, am I glad I came back.. I wasn't on for a few weeks or so... It's good to be back on Bonsai Talk...ehh huhh.. I mean Bonsai Nut;)

Rob

Always got Bonsai Study Group, that place is always jumpin

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So what your saying is that you were offended by the titles and not the actual content?

I was horrified enough by the titles, thank you for asking.

did you actually open some thinking that the title was disturbing, but maybe I should just take a peek

One, purely by accident, but racial epithets are not something I consider interesting.

did you see who was posting the threads that disturbed you and you wanted to get a little background into their thinking?

No, it made me ill that people think that is ok.

I think hip hop sucks but I don't want the radio stations to close.....

What if you could only browse this site whilst listening to hip hop?

Is this a survey?

I said I was not trying to stir the pot, and I meant it. I was only putting the facts out there as their seemed to be some information that Vance didn't know.

I think this thread was started with good intentions, but it has taken such a negative turn, it's disappointing.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
These were the only threads started by Walter I could find. 7 in 6years, prolific for sure.

Interesting. I actually just told a local mentor that FOR ME he is better than everyone since he actually helps me. Better than the world renowned bonsai artists/masters since as good as they are, they don't even know I exist (much less help me).

I guess it is a matter of perspective.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Proud of every one of them. Including the third one which is a phoenix graft.

You should be, Rob. I've seen you work wonders with mediocre material, and when you actually have good material, you crush it! Quietbridge is a troll (check out the extent of his contributions here at B'nut to be sure) and should be treated as such.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think this thread was started with good intentions, but it has taken such a negative turn, it's disappointing.

DON"T READ IT.

DON"T READ IT AND THEN POST A REPLY AND BITCH ABOUT IT.

The board is wide open. Post away.

YOU and many others here have the ability to post quality stuff here. If YOU want this to be a place about quality bonsai content, then post quality bonsai content. This thread did not start out with good intentions. It started out with bashing a group of folks minding their own business in a place designed for that kind of talk voicing their first amendment rights. Due to a web accident content that would not have otherwise been seen except if you wanted to spilled over to those possibly offended by it. Big freakin deal. The karaoki bar going away still did improve the content of this board.

There are still sticks in pots, tree dying and those buying lights to keep plants alive that should not even be grown in their environment. I couldn't care less.

Once again the do gooders complain and a group has lost their voice and you think that is a gain. It is a gain for those that think like you but it is a loss for those that disagree. They are both entitled equally under the law. That is what will be decided in a few short days.

I hope your happy....I'm not

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think hip hop sucks but I don't want the radio stations to close.....

What if you could only browse this site whilst listening to hip hop? I would turn my speakers down
Is this a survey? no, just covering what your thoughts might have been at the time

I said I was not trying to stir the pot, and I meant it. I was only putting the facts out there as their seemed to be some information that Vance didn't know.

negative is good depending on ones ability to open a mind and use common sense.

Here is a test Judy If you havn't listened to Walters youtube video on Japanese design aesthetics, stop here and listen to it, please.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Interesting. I actually just told a local mentor that FOR ME he is better than everyone since he actually helps me. Better than the world renowned bonsai artists/masters since as good as they are, they don't even know I exist (much less help me).

I guess it is a matter of perspective.

Hands on and face to face is always better----even if it's not.

That's why I hate these robocalls I get on the phone all the time. You don't get the opportunity to tell them their product is crap, or suggest they go commit an unnatural act upon themselves, take a long walk off a shot pier, or eat something unsavory and die, or shove dynamite up their nose and blow it.

Last edited:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
OK, good.

Now go back and listen to it again and allow me to plant a seed.

Walter is condescending and arrogant in that video. WE, (the plebes) know nothing of art, only Walter knows what bonsai art is. The Japanese well maybe but they are stuck in centuries of tradition and will continue on their path...to their detriment.

Scrolls, who needs them, Japanese ideals, who needs them, Europeans are special, they are raised with art and are not afarid to call a spade a spade, ask Walter he will tell you as much.

That video is walter's way or the hiway.

Watch it again and tell me where I am out of touch.

I remember about 12 years ago on bonsaiTALK Walter showed a little bit of somethinh he did in his garden, useing fire or bending a branch or something like that. he talked of this is a technique that is reserved for professionals and should not be done by anyone not posesssing enough skills to complete it or something like that. i thought to myself you arrogant rude son of a bitch.

Well you know there are things that maybe Walter can't do that others can do. I wrote a pretty damn funny parody of me as a professional woodworker doing a demo at a convention with me stepping out of a limo with a poncho and the theme to "Good the Bad and the Ugly" playing on a loud speaker. My sponsered tools on the stage and later Walter Pall coming up asking questions on a stand where I was able to utter the words, "These are professional tools and these stands should not be taken on by ametuers".

I think you get the idea.

Come on...maybe someday bonsai will be available in pony packs like petunia's, don't take this too seriously.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hands on and face to face is always better----even if it's not.

That's why I hate these robocalls I get on the phone all the time. You don't get the opportunity to tell them their product is crap, or suggest they go commit an unnatural act upon themselves, take a long walk off a shot pier, or eat something unsavory and die, or shove dynamite up their nose and blow it.

There he is, back to old self. The dynamite and blowing ones nose was especially humerous.

Road runner stuff and so simple. Gold!

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
After reading through all of this, I think we should all ask ourselves one question before posting... wwWHd?

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
lol...Is this some sort of juvenile attempt at throwing my trees into the japanese traditional arena..If so, thank you... What you may want to do is re read my post. It mentioned about doing what makes you happy with the caveat of being aware that if you do go a more natural route, the odds of winning most bonsai exhibitions are not as great as with a more strictly styled tree. I believe the probelm here is that people sometimes have trouble accepting what is.. I am not saying that the way bonsai exhibition criteria should be changed. I am saying that is just the way it is. Things might change in the future. I, personally, do what makes me happy. My first priority is not bonsai exhibition.

Rob

p.s. Proud of every one of them. Including the third one which is a phoenix graft.

IMG_0655-3.jpg

pictures2032-2.jpg

pictures2132-1.jpg

su.jpg

cas111.jpg

Copy2ofBunjin11.jpg

Yea, but they all look the same with the green stuff up top and being in pots and all ! ;)

I gotta wonder about people sometimes. For what its worth Rob you have some of the most beautiful trees I have seen, many here post great trees too, yours are on a whole exemplary examples of trees that I would look at and covet.

ed

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ed,
Whining, does not make your trees better...
Focus... Head, back in the game.
:)

The following user says thank you to stacy allen muse for this post:
CommonSense :p (November 2nd, 2012)

Thanks Stacie, you completely made my point for me !

ed

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I remember about 12 years ago on bonsaiTALK Walter showed a little bit of somethinh he did in his garden, useing fire or bending a branch or something like that. he talked of this is a technique that is reserved for professionals and should not be done by anyone not posesssing enough skills to complete it or something like that. i thought to myself you arrogant rude son of a bitch.
I had the audacity back in the day to complain about Pall's lack of tact when all he did was complain about a novice's photography of bonsai, which evidently did not measure up to his own. All everyone did was condemn me for complaining to him. "Walter, dont pay any attention to him. We love you and want you to continue to tell us how great you are." It seems many who attain acclaim are far too full of themselves. Mr. Pall is far from the only one, but he is right up there.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sadly, it is human nature to want to be associated with the; powerful, authority, rich, beautiful, successful, winner, etc....even if they do nothing for them and not see/notice those who help who are "unknown".

Not just in bonsai...it is true in; politics, show business, school, work, religion, etc. :(

Just to clarify, I have no ax to grind with Walter. I learn through his pictures on his blog and his videos. For those, I am very thankful. I have yet to receive a bonsai tip/assistance from him via forums though unless my brain fails me. If he can help me more, that would be great! I am actually looking forward next year attending a show here in TX where he is one of the main guest/speaker/presenter (with Colin Lewis and Erik Wigert). Hoping to attend a workshop with one of them too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom