Let's see the biggest Azalea you have !

Bonsailane

Mame
Reaction score
IMG_1847.JPG IMG_1846.JPG IMG_1848.JPG IMG_1849.JPG IMG_1850.JPG Throughout this spring I have acquired well over 75 assorted azaleas from a nursery that was going out of business .
They were almost dead from lack of watering and all around Care .
But I have brought them back To life and have even been able to find inner beauty within a few at the cost of very little effort .
As a bonsai artist I try my best to enhance what's already there before I even reach for the scissors .
Mother nature has already done the work ,
I'm just adding a finishing touch.
With that being said All the azaleas I have acquired are Shohin or Myabi at best.
I do not have a real big azalea in my collection .
But I am interested in seeing what my bonsai brothers and sisters have!!!
so let's see what you got!!

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Satsuki 'Eikan', close to 3' tall by 4' wide, pot 22" wide
dsc_0315-jpg.106417

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Is that a coral bell?
It's mighty fine
Thanks, I really don't know what cultivar it is. I dug it out of my front yard in 2000, and it had been there for quite a few years before we bought the place.

herzausstahl

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I know this isn't what's intended in this thread but this is from my moms garden & always amazes me when it's in bloom.

IMG_4447.JPG

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hm.. Not sure what the exact size is. It is wheelbarrow sized tough. Getting smaller each year. Dug it from a garden 2 (?) 3 (?) years ago. Got the first styling last summer, and first full wiring this spring. I do not have a recent picture. This was last spring, standard japanese cut-paste jar for size:

azalea2_2016-06-12[1].jpg

Top Bottom