Lighting????

Reaction score
I’m looking for a good brand of light for indoor bonsai over the winter. I am looking to start my seeds before spring and get my plants ready for summer just wondering what lights you guys use

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How large an area do you need to light? Is it for bonsai of bonsai starters, or seedlings? Do you have tall as well as short plants? What kind of plants; do they have different lighting requirements? Will it be augmented with natural light? Where do you live?
I have about 40 indoor lights. They provide light for everything from seedlings and cutting to bonsai.

Actually, thinking about it, you should look in the archives as this topic has frequently been addressed.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just keep refreshing this page till an ad for one comes up at the top, and click on it and buy one!

Just don't order one of the mail order brides, or click on the "date an Asian" page!

Sorce

Bnana

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If it is only for small seedlings and you want to supplement daylight you can use a simple but powerful LED desk light and keep it close to the plants. No need to invest in fancy lights.

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I recently had 15-ish mature oak trees removed so I wouldn't have to fool w/ supplemental lighting. That may not be the route you want to take though.

Top Bottom