Ligustrum ovalifolium - Small leaf Privet - Thoughts

Dorian Fourie

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Hi All

We recently had our regional bonsai association meeting at the Suikerbos Bonsai Kai in Heidelberg South Africa and this was the main tree on display.

It is a small leaf privet done by Hannes Fritz. Hannes Fritz was the African Representative at the World Bonsai Convention last year.

The Tokonoma was built by Hannes especially for the day and is now a permanent display area.

Please let me know your thoughts on the tree, display area, accent, scroll etc etc etc

Would love to get some additional input.

Thanks
IMG_6903.JPG

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Pretty cool!

I like the lean of the tree and its pot along with the accent plant and its pot, both leaning towards the center of the display.

I like the tree itself too, from what I can see....

Most interesting to me is the angle of the wood "stand" that the tree is sitting on.... The angle its at gives major depth to the whole display.

I approve ?

Thanks for posting it!

cockroach

Chumono
Reaction score
I was not expecting it too look tat nice. I really like it.

It may not follow the rules but for me it breaks them perfectly.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I'm afraid it will fall of the log :p
Yeah...that part adds a feeling of uneasiness...which is also interesting in its own way....

The yellow color is something intriguing as well, I wonder if it was chosen for a certain reason.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
You took the words right out of my mouth @just.wing.it. I love every part of this Tokonoma, from the color choice for the walls, the angle of the bench, the distance of the companion plant from the main plant, the scroll choice, just everything!!!

Top Bottom