Limber Pine On Rock

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
This past spring, I created a root on rock with some Limber Pine seedlings I acquired. Here are a few pics of the rock before planting.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg The lava rock had a nice bowl shape and it would have been fine to utilize that bowl to plant in. I have always been a fan of Masaniko Kimura's Japanese White Pine planting on a convex stone slab. I chose to do my planting in a similar fashion. I used 3 small Limber Pines to complete the planting. The next photo is of the current back of the planting.image.jpg This photo is of the chosen front. image.jpg The negative is that you can't see the tree's base due to a lip on the rock. Personally, I liked the interesting underside of the rock that gives the impression of a cave to me. As the planting matures, the other side may become more attractive.

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
Season went well. The moss did great. The Pine didn't do so bad either. Giving it another season before working on it. Gives me the luxury of flip flopping over which side is the front. Others have an opinion one way or the other? I'm listening. IMG_0967.JPG IMG_0969.JPG

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Growth is young. Either could easily be front;). Beginning pictures brought to mind Master Kimuras composition even before you mentioned:p. Small world.

Top Bottom