Lindsay Farr New Vids

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lindsay Farr has posted 2 new vids with more coming soon!
First vid is a bonsai auction in japan with trees going for $6.00-$57.00 If only I could import!
Also visit the private garden of Mr Iwasaki. Mr Iwasaki's worst tree is 100 times better than my best tree....now thats bonsainuts!

http://www.vimeo.com/6831206

So cool!

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lindsay's episodes are so cool! There is always something to learn from the amazing tradition of Japanese bonsai. I especially like the filed growing techniques, and the shaping of corkscrew shimpaku.

Thanks a lot for the link.

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I always look foward to seeing his vids. I am amazed at the quality & quantity of pines in Mr Iwasaki's private garden, anyone of those can be pulled as is & shown.....gosh....so not fair:)

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lindsay Farr posted another new vid featuring Nakanishi Chinshouen nursery. Some may recognize the name from ebay. I buy pots from them & its good to finally see their nursery.

http://www.vimeo.com/7121843

Good stuff!

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hey Duane,

If you like Lindsey's videos you should come to his Round Table at Bonsai Vault...a chance to ask him questions or possibly give him ideas for future videos you'd like to see.

Lindsey Farr Round Table Discussion

Bunsen

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Help, I can't get videos to work. What am I doing wrong?

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tom, thanks for the info. I appreciate that.

Bunsen, just press play:)

Attila, I also love them buki's.

How bout the bonsai on the street in front of their house! Jeeeesh!!

painter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
question about the shimpaku video

ive got a question about the shimpaku technique, when the shari is re cut the following year is it made a bit wider? deeper?
what is the ultimate goal?
make the live vein surrounding it bulge?
painter

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
ive got a question about the shimpaku technique, when the shari is re cut the following year is it made a bit wider? deeper?
what is the ultimate goal?
make the live vein surrounding it bulge?
painter

Yes, by making the shari wider and deeper, you help to create a live vein that becomes more prominent. Eventually, the live veins buldges and thickens to the point where it becomes a new trunk that spirals around the original trunk.

Bunsen

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I did press play, but nothing happens. Is there a special log in?

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do you have some kind of firewall or other protection that might be blocking the video streaming? From what I can tell, all you have to do is hit play and the video starts.

mat

Chumono
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Duane. I'd never heard of him before. I've had a Lindsay Farr marathon of sorts today, watching one video after another. The rows and rows of spectacular pines at some of the nurseries are just amazing. :)

Top Bottom