Liquidambar #1

Cmd5235

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Starting a specific thread to document this tree. I've posted it in other combination posts- please ignore. This tree has survived two years post collection, so I feel comfortable with logging ongoing styling. This thread will serve as an ongoing journal, as well as for input.

I'm separating out my surviving Liquidambar trees. Coarse growth and long internodes, but I love the trunk diameters and the texture, not to mention the fall colors.
IMG_0085.JPGIMG_2023.JPGIMG_6146.JPGIMG_6741.JPG

Grovic

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
IMG_6741.JPG
I love the fall color on this one. was this one taken in late fall?

Cmd5235

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I love the fall color on this one. was this one taken in late fall?
This was take in late October. I love the color on most of them, which definitely is a factor for collection, especially given the growing habits and inherent challenges with them

ThornBc

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice species! I have two small rooted cuttings of the cultivar "Gumball", in case anybody needs the info they seem to root well from greenwood cuttings

Cmd5235

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Super excited to see that it has survived the winter thus far, and the collection last year. In a few weeks I'll put it in an Anderson training flat and start selecting branches- I just let it grow last year for health.
DSC_2326.JPGDSC_2327.JPGDSC_2328.JPG

Cmd5235

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I’m letting the leader grow this year to thicken it, then I’ll chop it at that first set of branches

Top Bottom