Literati Prunus Mume?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you for your happy comment!

I can see very nice trunk line movement there . If I were you, I would style the tree like this

Yes, that is one of the options I see too.
What would your thoughts be on a twin-trunk literati, keeping the parallel trunk too?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Say I have several large ume in the grow bed this year. Come spring, I want to chop them (some have 6'+ leaders) and pull them out of the ground. Is this feasible, or does the work need to be split? As in, chopped this spring and dug up the following?
@JoeR does this thread help you at all?

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
@JoeR does this thread help you at all?
I missed this thread when it was posted, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Looks like you had success doing both a chop and repot at the same time.

The good thing about the ones in my grow bed is that they were grown in a colander for a year prior to planting them in the grow bed. So, they *should* still have roots close to the trunk to make for easy collection.

This is a picture of one of them from last spring. It has grown substantially this year

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201025-191043_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201025-191043_Gallery.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 54

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I also just noted, you collected yours in fall (October)- was this done on purpose, or because he needed them out of the field? I had planned on waiting for spring.
Because they flower in winter.

I did prepare in spring for collection though.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice line on this one!
Yes, it is the one proposed by @bonhe
Congratulations! You have very nice material for literati !
I can see very nice trunk line movement there . If I were you, I would style the tree like this

Good luck to you. Be safe and strong my friend .
Thụ Thoại

Top Bottom