Literati Tosho

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Decent shot in winter color...
View attachment 276979
This is not my favorite tree of yours by far, but it’s definitely growing on me. I like that the primary branch on the bottom left is extending out a bit further. Do you plan on letting it lengthen even more? IMO it would really create a nice counter balance and great asymmetry, harmonizing even more with the verticality of the trunk and planting angle which is my least favorite part. None the less, great tree, display and execution as usual.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
This is not my favorite tree of yours by far, but it’s definitely growing on me. I like that the primary branch on the bottom left is extending out a bit further. Do you plan on letting it lengthen even more? IMO it would really create a nice counter balance and great asymmetry, harmonizing even more with the verticality of the trunk and planting angle which is my least favorite part. None the less, great tree, display and execution as usual.
Not my favorite tree either, it’s a novelty more than anything. There are not many Tosho bonsai in the US, and this was collected in Japan. I don’t really have big plans for it. At some point I’ll detail wire it again and see what happens, but the design is pretty much set. This one is all about species, trunk line, and deadwood.

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Great tree, Brian. It has a real rugged appearance and the shari is terrific.
I would like to see it in more of a typical bunjin pot. Specifically one that is less wide. I realize that the roots may not yet support that at this point and that's already your intent.
Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

Top Bottom