Little boxwood

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This little one was bought at groseries store and styled one year ago was i think the third time i tried to style a tree !
Last pic is how it looks after one year of recovery

The new growth will take over the legy branches at some point to create a more compacted shohin size tree

Screenshot_2016_04_16_00_00_40.png Screenshot_2016_04_16_00_07_02.png Screenshot_2016_04_17_09_43_10.png Screenshot_2016-07-10-08-24-16.png buxus1.jpg buxus2.jpg

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It grew some new branches wich can be used to take over the long leggy branches so i pruned it down some to build up a more compacted tree
Still a few big branches wich have to go but ill take this one slowly down :)

20170730_182957.jpg 20170730_182945.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

BigBen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Nice work.

I really like the branch placement as well as the taper in post #1 photo #6.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice work.

I really like the branch placement as well as the taper in post #1 photo #6.

So do i but i think the branches are to long and i am aiming for a small tree with this one so i think most of what you see now will get replaced with new growth

Pruned this fella to stimmulate the growth more on the inner parts to build up a compact tree !

20180519_073103.jpg

20180519_073114.jpg

Pretty much pruned off :p
20180518_223630.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is in desperate need of a wire on the young growth that you are plannin to keep. Put it a the right angle to the trunk, give it some movement. Now it is flexible like wilted spinach. But in 2 months they will have become hard due to the lignification of the branches,a nd it will take so much longer to set. Do it.. Do it now!

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It is in desperate need of a wire on the young growth that you are plannin to keep. Put it a the right angle to the trunk, give it some movement. Now it is flexible like wilted spinach. But in 2 months they will have become hard due to the lignification of the branches,a nd it will take so much longer to set. Do it.. Do it now!

yes i tought about that but i am not completely sure on the design yet :(
on picture two from last post the middle branch/trunk is kinda straight and long with only growth on the top so im thinking of removing that one completely also so the tree will be smaller then in the end and also the right branch might be going because the little shoot below that one can be grown out to take that one over
but im not sure yet so i am going to look at it for a while for now to figure something out

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
On my Blue Bill Buxus, I wired the branches last year with only the intention of putting some movement into the first couple of inches knowing I would be cutting it back when I had a better idea of where my branch placement would be. I wasn’t too worried about perfect positioning (mostly because I am not that good yet) and I figure I could easily get a branch going in the direction I needed when it came time.

Top Bottom