USDA Zone
8b
Progress nicely. Very lovely.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This is really my only case of zone envy. These JBPs some of you guys have are laser clean.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
This is really my only case of zone envy. These JBPs some of you guys have are laser clean.

Jbp are a great pine to have and I've been on the look out for a much bigger one. Though there are many other species out there and You can find one that works for you.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Wow! nice progression. The work on july 16 to the yesterday pic shows the good vision you had for this tree

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Giga, the way you’ve wired the apex makes it look it’s going back opposite against the flow. It looks like that’s a frontal branch, just move it back down and flow the same way as the main branch is going.

Don’t stress over making an apex, the tree will backbud, and an “apex” will grow itself. It will be just the mass of foliage from a lot of twigs, not a single “trunk”.

Here’s an old pic of a tree that’s styled in a similiar manner as yours. I’ll take a current photo later.

969C3307-AC3E-4B79-81E1-31DE7652D658.jpeg

I didnt turn a branch up to create an “apex”. It’s created by all the little twigs.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Giga, the way you’ve wired the apex makes it look it’s going back opposite against the flow. It looks like that’s a frontal branch, just move it back down and flow the same way as the main branch is going.

Don’t stress over making an apex, the tree will backbud, and an “apex” will grow itself. It will be just the mass of foliage from a lot of twigs, not a single “trunk”.

Here’s an old pic of a tree that’s styled in a similiar manner as yours. I’ll take a current photo later.

View attachment 162866

I didnt turn a branch up to create an “apex”. It’s created by all the little twigs.

I thought the same thing and it was awkward to me too, I'll make the change tonight when I work the deadwood.

I dig the design, makes me think of a tree I would see hiking in the mountains.

thanks man!

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Great design of this tree and the outline. Really well done. I dont know if I like the direct vertical nature of the top two branches. If the branches were slightly more horizontal, i dont think they would clash with the flow of the pads as much.

But this tree is really beautiful. The nebari has a lot of character. Nice pot as well.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Great design of this tree and the outline. Really well done. I dont know if I like the direct vertical nature of the top two branches. If the branches were slightly more horizontal, i dont think they would clash with the flow of the pads as much.

But this tree is really beautiful. The nebari has a lot of character. Nice pot as well.

it's in horrible need of thinning and wire, but i'll bring it back to glory

Top Bottom