Little Spekboom... then and now.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Nice, really like the cuttings. I have a nice variegated one I got from Wigert's a while back, I think I'll pot it up tomorrow. I'm tired of winter.

Last edited:

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Oops, sorry. You've already seen that. Didn't mean to mess up your thread.:(

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Wow sweet progression on this! I picked one up a few weeks ago out of boredom and constantly seeing Nigel's lol, though it's small and not even worth photographing haha!

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I removed the tie down wires and the top layer of substrate to take a look at how the roots have developed since August 11th 2019, when I last repotted it into the @sorce pot!
Looking pretty good from here.... I see more than I expected going on down there. I'll repot again this summer once its back outside and reaclimated....probably into this pot again, its small enough that it doesn't take up too much room on my winter tropical table, but large enough fot this tree's roots to run around a bit.
20200308_082942.jpg20200308_082815_Burst01.jpg20200308_082847.jpg20200308_082921.jpg20200308_082740.jpg20200308_082735.jpg20200308_082719.jpg20200308_082703.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's hard not to compliment that 3rd shot up....how the corner line of the pot plays Straight up like the trunk, that looks good!

I am thoroughly enjoying this.

Sorce

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
It's hard not to compliment that 3rd shot up....how the corner line of the pot plays Straight up like the trunk, that looks good!

I am thoroughly enjoying this.

Sorce
I see that!
Cant wait for summertime!
27f this morning, but....supposed to get into the low 60s today!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I see that!
Cant wait for summertime!
27f this morning, but....supposed to get into the low 60s today!

I am convinced we are getting a spring this year!
The lillies are pushing, some trees flowering, and it looks like 60days and 30nights till mid April. Then no freeze.

Haha feller.... Regular weather!

You know how you used to have to go run around and fix everything when the weather was "bad"..?
Now you gotta run around and fix everything cuz the weather is normal again!

Sorce

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I am convinced we are getting a spring this year!
The lillies are pushing, some trees flowering, and it looks like 60days and 30nights till mid April. Then no freeze.

Haha feller.... Regular weather!

You know how you used to have to go run around and fix everything when the weather was "bad"..?
Now you gotta run around and fix everything cuz the weather is normal again!

Sorce
Yup!

Been checking that 10 day forecast...the below 32f nights are fewer and fewer. (Yay for my electric bill with the stinking heat pump!)

Lots of trees blooming here too.

I saw my first Robin out the other day, that's always a sign around here, first the Cardinals show up here and there, but it seems like when the Robins show up, springtime is here.

Maryland escaped this winter, if indeed it is spring.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Dude it's looking awesome! Great progress with it and that pot is a serious match!

I've got a heat pump too and man what a half assed invention. Lol!

We've got a few more nights in the 20s/30s but next week it's on!!

Do you put this one outside same time as your other trees or does it need a little warmer temps?

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Dude it's looking awesome! Great progress with it and that pot is a serious match!

I've got a heat pump too and man what a half assed invention. Lol!

We've got a few more nights in the 20s/30s but next week it's on!!

Do you put this one outside same time as your other trees or does it need a little warmer temps?
I wait for the nighttime temps to be consistently above 50f to put the trops out....maybe a bit sooner depending.
50 is playing it safe, as long as the chance of frost is zero, its ok to put them out, but MD winters will throw you a curve ball....so I play it safe with bring them in and putting them out.

Edit:
@StoneCloud and thanks!

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
To stain indoors? 🧐
Speaking of VOc's indoors.

How's the little one?

Sorce
I thought about staining....but would need nice weather for days and a bunch of fans to ventilate....
The little one is good, pushing out some New leaves now, I'll tallike a pic when I get home from work.

......work.....remember that?
Lol, I've been slow, but blessed to be working through all of this.

Top Bottom