Little Toyo Nishiki

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
The grafts didn't grow...did they take though? Or did they die? Not sure of your meaning.
I meant nothing sprouted. I haven't dared touch them. I've had grafts live and sprout leaves later in the season. For some reason they're weak. They might grow strong later if you keep them exposed to sunlight and prune back other branches. But they could fail later too if not cared for enough. I have a graft from spring on another, it just sprouted flower buds! I removed them of course. Hope the grow branches instead.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I meant nothing sprouted. I haven't dared touch them. I've had grafts live and sprout leaves later in the season. For some reason they're weak. They might grow strong later if you keep them exposed to sunlight and prune back other branches. But they could fail later too if not cared for enough. I have a graft from spring on another, it just sprouted flower buds! I removed them of course. Hope the grow branches instead.
Ahhh okay now...I understand. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Sweet pot 😎

Perfect choice, for my eye anyway.
This one has come a long way. I think you have enough branches. Time to switch to refinement.

Nice choice of pot, especially shape, color works well for flowers too.
Thank you! Yes, refinement 😬. Hope I can make it nice and compact and full of blooms!
IMG_20191207_170935_095.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom