Living in Japan?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hello everyone. Looking for a member other than Bjorn who lives in Japan. I tried contacting him but no luck.

Anyone please?

Thanks,
Steve

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'm looking to bring in a large quantity of used pots from Japan so basically I'm looking for someone who wants to buy them for me and make some money.Screenshot_20181204-221458_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20181204-221722_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20181204-221458_YouTube.jpg

Attachments

• 20181126_193041.jpg
    20181126_193041.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 57
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I like making money, if that makes me a prince then so be it.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well, um, not to rain on your plans, but that pile is mostly "junk" pots. You're not going to make much $$ selling them here--probably not enough to cover shipping. I can get the same quality from any number of suppliers here in the U.S. They're mass-produced stamped out with ho-hum glazes...

BTW, the individual photo of the single pot shows a container that has inadequate drainage and will probably kill what's put into it...

the bottom line is that there aren't enough of those production pots in the pile to squeeze any $ from. To do that, you'd need to buy a shipping container full and have a customer who could use a couple of hundred of them for beginner bonsai. The money in importing such small quantities of pots is in the high end, which is a difficult market if you don't know makers, history and quality. That niche is already being filled with some pretty expert buyers with solid bonsai nursery sources in Japan. It's not easy to do...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
All I can say Is that I've been selling pots for years. I've been buying out collections, estate sales and even brought some Chinese pots from China itself. You might see a pile of junk from your lack of experience, but in that particular pile itself I see at least 2k profit. And there's dozens if not hundreds of piles like that.
Chances are that one of your trees might be sitting on a pot that came from a pile like that.

Good luck to all.

Top Bottom