login glitch?

Woodland Spirit

Chumono
Reaction score
Lately when I log in I have to do it twice. Every time.
Anyone else having this issue or is it more likely on my end of the connection?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've had to on occasion. Recall mention of upgrading the forum...I would assume that is more than likely the cause. Once they are done tweaking the site I would imagine it should stop.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It should no longer happen. It had to do with site redirects. Once your browser cache gets updated with the site changes (and your cookies get updated) you should no longer have this problem.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I thought it was my VPN connection not storing cookies right away, but it seems im not the only one. I have the feeling it happens more when u open the 3 buttons in the top (profile / inbox / alerts) after the initial login.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I find that if the Banner Ad is B-Nut the page just stalls and never loads. If I see that pop up I hit the refresh button and reload until another Ad shows up.

Grimmy

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Intermittently still happening

I just found out there is a apparently a bug if you come directly to the site from Facebook. It is a software bug (versus a site bug). They have patched the XenForo software and I will need to update the site software.

I don't know if you are experiencing the issue when coming here from Facebook, but as far as I'm concerned, any glitch that logs you out of the site is no good...

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I was having a lot of trouble with the main page not completely loading and freezing. I never log out of the site and just click on it in my favorites. The ad on the left side of the main page illustrated the top right corner of the page (Alerts).
I opened a fresh IE iteration and that seemed to fix the problem. I saved this new page as a favorite.
CW

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sometimes the page is slow to load and that seems to be a factor
It works much better for me now, i think you are right, it happens when i hover my profile page buttons, i see a small loading bar above the navigation panel (in the banner / far top right), which seems to fail and log me out.

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I still have to log in more than once. Not coming from Facebook. I log in as usual and check remember me. If I go to Alerts then a second log in window appears and tells me I must be logged in to use that...... Have worked around be it is an irritant.

But your efforts and dedication to our ability to discuss this wonderful art form is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It came back, I got some re-login-inconveniences past week, it's not really that bad so low prio I guess.

Top Bottom