Lone Star Bonsai Federation - 31st Annual Convention "Three Ring Circus"

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yeah, I'll bet that carving class filled up fast. I'd give a lot to be taught how to carve by that man. Great photos, thanks Dario.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yeah, that's a steal...don't tell the folks in charge, but they probably could have charged two times that, or more, and still filled up the workshop. Looks like an awesome convention...wish it was just a bit closer to me.
Oh they know. :)

It was a steal because the chair (a friend & collecting buddy of mine) collected all these and donated them all for free. :cool: Most of these were collected years before I met him.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks for the pics Dario. Looks like a great time. Great trees.

Do you know who belongs to the live oak you included?

Sorry no...but if you check with Joey at IBC, he most likely would know. Colin said with a little polishing & nice pot (it is on a mica pot!!! :eek:), it can go to the national display next year easy.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yeah, I'll bet that carving class filled up fast. I'd give a lot to be taught how to carve by that man. Great photos, thanks Dario.

Surprisingly, it was not filled...probably because it was originally to be Walter Pall. No disrespect to Walter but carving is Dan's forte and it could have made a big difference. I didn't bring my tools that day, else I would have done a late registration for it. Only to learn later that I could have borrowed Joey's had I asked :(

pjkatich

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I enjoyed the photos Dario.

I'm glad to see that bonsai is alive and well over in the Lone Star State.

Cheers,
Paul

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I enjoyed the photos Dario.

I'm glad to see that bonsai is alive and well over in the Lone Star State.

Cheers,
Paul

Thanks Paul.

We are struggling with the heat and all but based on the critique, there are few national grade bonsai here (some are on pics not posted) and several close (a year or two away) w/ proper training. I wish there are more though.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
nice raffle trees

This is just a few...there were tons of them and all are donated. All unused workshop tree were raffled also. Tons of pots also, there were so many, they put them in lots of 3...even Japanese made pots. :cool: Not lucky enough to get drawn on those though. :rolleyes:

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Nice show, thanks for taking time to post photos.

Darth Tanuki

Yamadori
Reaction score
Don't we all.

I like the "Great Wave". Is that a bronze displayed on a diaza?

Cheers,
Paul

Yes, that is a bronze displayed on a daiza made by the LSBF president Jay Nolan.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
"Tree Ring Circus" (not Three) is a pretty catchy name for the show. Wish I could have seen it.

Top Bottom