Long lost brother.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tell us more, dude!!!
Tomorrow Harry gets to meet his last remaining Uncle.
Plus we have a large Amish community here and Harry and his wife,Sherry, are going to chauffeured to their bakers and various other Amish establishments.
Come to find out Harry grew up just 2 hours away.
He said he had a good childhood but knew he was adopted when he was 7. One of his sisters blurted it out when he was tormenting her. Since then he wondered about things. They told him he had 3 older siblings. He tried to get adoption records but they don't apparently want people to find some things out. It had names and places cut out. Said it looked like swiss cheese.
As soon as the 23 and me genealogy thing came out he got one and looked and hoped he would get a match.
Obviously he did.
My cousin Wanda who got a hold of me immediately,gave me his number.
And here we are.
My sister is very protective of her baby brother. She used to be the baby.
One thing we did today was introduce Rupert to Harry.
Harry has been around dogs but not up close and personal with a German Shepherd. Rupert took to him like a duck to water.
I told Harry not to worry because he will know you're my brother.
How the hell will he know that Harry says.
I said you'll see. He knows things. Harry said that it seemed Rupert was looking into his mind.
I said that's what I'm talking about.
My other brother Richard filled him with stories of how much of a beast Rupert is and should watch out. Rupert likes Richard. He knows he's my brother but Richard isn't a dog person.
We went out and Harry threw the frisbee for him and they got along swimmingly. Harry thinks Rupert is the smartest dog ever.
He has a hound and an old pitbull. They can't catch frisbees.
Rupert does a lot of silent hand commands. A lot! Harry didnt see it at first and wondered how he knew what to do. I also showed him some to use and Rupert obeyed! He don't do squat for my wife. Easy signals always just a snap 9f the fingers to get his attention and the others to make him do whatever. It works great out in the woods looking for that elusive Bigfoot.
We all had a great time getting acquainted.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Now that it is a happy family picture. With all of the awful things going on in the world, it's nice to see something that warms the heart.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great story, I am so glad for you. You deserve all the good things that can happen and your brother too.
Thank you so much Vance.
I've told him about you already.
Nothing but good things,dont worry.
He wanted to know if he could see the trees but they're not even lumps under the snow it's so deep.
I really don't want to see them yet for fear of what I'll find.
I showed him some pictures of your trees though. You do know I have a whole album of pictures of every one of your trees?
We argued a little. He thought Porky was the coolest and well you know my favorite.DrDRG2016 copy 2.jpg

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Now that it is a happy family picture. With all of the awful things going on in the world, it's nice to see something that warms the heart.
It sure is Carol. The joy was thick today.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wait, are you the little guy in the group? Or just camera angle? Congratulations on the bonus family.
Camera angle. And Dicky was standing on a mound of snow just so he could be taller for once.
I have 1" on him but 4" on Harry.
Pipsqueaks!

Top Bottom