Lonicera tatarica Yamadori Progress

IdahoDR

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This is a yamadori i collected a few years back. Its honeysuckle. I wish i had a picture of the size it was when i collected it, but the pictures start with its first potting. Hope you enjoy.

I have worked mostly on carving over the last few seasons. This growing season i will try to work on the branching more, and will wire early in the season. I find that you have to wire when the branches are very young, or they will harden off and the hollow branches wont be manageable.

Picturedvsnvs.jpg

Late 2009
pics2019.jpg

pics2046.jpg

Now
pics2014.jpg

pics2016.jpg

pics2017.jpg

All comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Absolutely beautiful trunk! My first-ever collecting trip nearly 20 years ago was for honeysuckle, and I still have one of them. Keep posting updates; it's got plenty of potential.

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is a very nice looking trunk. Nothing constructive to add, just a thumbs up.

I believe Grouper52 has a thread on a nice collected honeysuckle, if you search and find that thread it may have some useful info for you.

IdahoDR

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thanks.

The trunk that is left is actually only 1/3 of the original trunk, i really do wish i had pictures of it before the first reduction and potting. The other 2/3 of it was deadwood, thats wasnt really fitting into the image i had for the tree so it was reduced to the deadwood that you see on the right side.

Top Bottom