Looking for a tool bag

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
or box. Something heavy duty with lots of compartments for bonsai tools, not too expensive, any suggestions?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
When I was looking for something like this I went to Hobby Lobby and found a zippered rectangular heavy duty fabric case that was made to keep artist suppiles in. It folds together like a brief case and has handles to cary it. You lay it down open the two sides like a book, then unzip both sides and open them like a book. it has zippered mesh pockets and loop type holders to stick the tool handles down in to hold them in place. It cost something like $10.00. Very satisfactory. If anyone is interested I'll post a photo here.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
When I was looking for something like this I went to Hobby Lobby and found a zippered rectangular heavy duty fabric case that was made to keep artist suppiles in. It folds together like a brief case and has handles to cary it. You lay it down open the two sides like a book, then unzip both sides and open them like a book. it has zippered mesh pockets and loop type holders to stick the tool handles down in to hold them in place. It cost something like $10.00. Very satisfactory. If anyone is interested I'll post a photo here.
Post away Mac....
Hubby is having to carry my bag, when we carry just the stuff we need it can get damm heavy.
Irene

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Tool bag from Hobby Lobby. Sold as a organizer/carrier for artist and craft supplies.

Three photos, one closed for carrying. One opened and laid flat. One fully deployed.

Hope someone finds it useful.

Attachments

• CIMG0999.jpg
    CIMG0999.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 56
  • CIMG1000.jpg
    CIMG1000.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 51
  • CIMG1001.jpg
    CIMG1001.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 81

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Tool bag from Hobby Lobby. Sold as a organizer/carrier for artist and craft supplies.

Three photos, one closed for carrying. One opened and laid flat. One fully deployed.

Hope someone finds it useful.
Hey Mac I like that one.....Thank You for posting the pics and next time I am near a Hobby Lobby I will be getting one...
Irene

kytombonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Check at Harbor Freight Tools if one is near you. They have a great canvas tool bag with lots of slots for tools and a middle compartment for wire. They cost about $10 or $12. Very handy.

Tom

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Go to a good hardware store and buy a canvas bag with a leather bottom and multiple interior pockets. Something like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...Id=10053&productId=100647756&N=10000003+90048

They will stand up to a lot more heavy wear than a bonsai bag - I have had one for over 15 years and every time I take it to a exposition people always ask where I got it :) (BTW I did not pay $100 for mine - it was more in the $40-$60 range).

darrellw

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not sure if you've already purchased a bag, but I have something like this which was pretty cheap, yet very heavy duty with plenty of space and pockets for tools, wire and all my other bonsai gadgetry:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100066265

That's the one I have. I used to keep all my tools in the side pockets, but they banged around too much and got caught on stuff. So I use a tool roll for most stuff. But you can pile a bunch of crap inside this bag!

-Darrell

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's the one I have. I used to keep all my tools in the side pockets, but they banged around too much and got caught on stuff. So I use a tool roll for most stuff. But you can pile a bunch of crap inside this bag!

-Darrell

I usually leave my bag in my garage, or sometimes the dining room table if my wife is not looking :) So, I don't have too much of a problem with the tools banging around. That being said, when I've traveled to club meetings and the like, I put my tools in a tool roll and place the roll into the interior of my bag.

Top Bottom