Looking for Adenium Obesum (Desert Rose) seeds to buy or trade

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looking for fresh Adenium Obesum (Desert Rose) seeds to buy or trade with fresh JM seed. Flower color unimportant, I just would like to try growing them by seed this year.

PM me if you got the goods!

Pitoon

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
This is a stupid question, but the seeds come from the flowers? I have a desert rose, but never noticed any seeds.

SWfloirda

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
This is a stupid question, but the seeds come from the flowers? I have a desert rose, but never noticed any seeds.
They will get a pod that looks a bit like a green bean. Longer. You have to leave it on until it gets brown, dry and basically breaks open. The seeds are tiny and will all escape. Some people tie a panty hose or something on there to keep them. I usually cut off the pods long before they mature.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@SWfloirda basically summed it up. It can take about 6 months the for the pods to mature. I think they would look pretty nice in a mame pot so I'm going to give it a try.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
@SWfloirda basically summed it up. It can take about 6 months the for the pods to mature. I think they would look pretty nice in a mame pot so I'm going to give it a try.
That's how observant I am I guess, never noticed any seed pods. But I always plucked the flowers off after they got old, so I guess that's why. A teeny one in a mame pot would look pretty cool.

lehigh4me

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just looked at my Desert Roses that have some seed pods on them. I am guessing they won't be ready to open for at least another month.
Pitoon, if you want to pm me a mailing address I will send you a couple of seed pods when they are ready to open. I also have some seeds from last spring that I can send along. I don't know if they will germinate or not.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I just looked at my Desert Roses that have some seed pods on them. I am guessing they won't be ready to open for at least another month.
Pitoon, if you want to pm me a mailing address I will send you a couple of seed pods when they are ready to open. I also have some seeds from last spring that I can send along. I don't know if they will germinate or not.
PM sent

power270lb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
That's how observant I am I guess, never noticed any seed pods. But I always plucked the flowers off after they got old, so I guess that's why. A teeny one in a mame pot would look pretty cool.
You have to self pollinate if you want seed pods and it's a royal pain in the tush.

Top Bottom