Looking for: Black Pine by Steve Pilacik

• Thread starter Deleted member 32750
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 32750

I’m trying to find a place online to buy the book Black pine by Steve Pilacik. I haven’t had any luck hunting down this book. Does anyone know where I could buy it or does anyone have one that they would like to sell?

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Just out of curiosity...are you looking for posterity, or content?

D

Deleted member 32750

Just out of curiosity...are you looking for posterity, or content?
I guess content. I read somewhere that it was a good book and I’m very interested in black pines in particular so I wanted to check it out.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I guess content. I read somewhere that it was a good book and I’m very interested in black pines in particular so I wanted to check it out.
I agree with Judy, and own both books. The BT book is better; albeit a collection of articles from the magazines. Steve’s book is outdated, and shows illustrations rather than results. The few photos don’t show outstanding pines, and they’re in B&W. You’d be better off following pine threads here, and at a few other sites:

D

Deleted member 32750

Get the pine book from bonsai today master series by stone lantern it’s a better book...
I’ve actually got that one. It was the first book I bought on pines and it’s a fantastic book. I was just trying to diversify my library. Thanks for the suggestion though

D

Deleted member 32750

I agree with Judy, and own both books. The BT book is better; albeit a collection of articles from the magazines. Steve’s book is outdated, and shows illustrations rather than results. The few photos don’t show outstanding pines, and they’re in B&W. You’d be better off following pine threads here, and at a few other sites:
Thanks for the suggestion. I love Jonas’ blog it’s a fantastic resource. I think I was really just inquiring about the book to build a library on JBP resources

HankDio

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
In terms of books about pines specifically, I highly recommend "Growing Pines for Bonsai" by Julian Adams. He just published it this year so it is much more readily available. I went up to his Lexington garden a few months ago and he has some excellent specimens and a ton of experience. Plus he's a super nice guy. You have to buy it thru his website/email, but I've read this book front-to-back dozens of times already and I use it as a seasonal reference for all of my pines. It's incredibly useful for the diagrams alone, I've seen a lot in this book that I have not seen anywhere else. Not the most prolific writing of all time, but it's not where the value lies.

His website: http://www.adamsbonsai.com/adamsbonsai2021may_032.htm

Reaction score
I’m trying to find a place online to buy the book Black pine by Steve Pilacik. I haven’t had any luck hunting down this book. Does anyone know where I could buy it or does anyone have one that they would like to sell?
Are you still interested in this book? If so, I have it and am looking to sell it. email me at kora@astound.net

Top Bottom